If someone told you they didn't want to be with you would you see them again?

I was seeing a guy for a few months things got complicated due to distance and today he text me saying that long distance relationships don't work for him but he's happy to catch up for a drink one of these days.

What the hell? Why would he want to meet me knowing I have feelings for him and he doesn't want to be with me? Is he just saying that to soften the blow? If it was you would you meet up with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very few long distance relationships work. He is probably telling you the truth. I have two friends who started out as a relationship thing. It was to complicated and wasn't working. We both decided to be friends. It is possible it is a cop out, but why go there unless you ask him.

Why go where unless I ask him what?

I''m not sure since we met up 6 times over 3 months, one time travelling together on holiday-I don't think someone does that with someone just for sex. But anyway yeh, he's showing me zero respect or honesty now so time to move on.

You'd be surprised what some guys will do for sex. I'm glad you came to the decision you have. I wish you the best in the future.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been in situations like this. Leave it alone. He wants you to be on his time only. I can assure you that after he meets with you for drinks you won't hear from unless when he feels like it. Dont waste your time with this.

What Guys Said 9

• He wants to give his time with someone he can be with. If you go along with what he is suggesting he is going to use you for a piece of ass on the side.
    Move on.

• Softening the blow.

• Just tell him that you are not interested and that you have better things to do. He will understand what you meant by that.

Haha! Unfortunately I did already answer but if he by chance he actually asks in future I am so saying that!

• Something near happened to me. I still love her. When i recover my confidence again ill try to talk her again.

• Yes but only as friends with benefits

• No, probably not. If they don't want to see me, then I'd prefer to be seen by people who want to see me.

The point is that he saying he does want to see me... Maybe he don't but he said it

I did reply because he said other things that needed responding to. Regarding the meeting up I said 'we might meet again someday'.

Oh, okay.

• Move on

• probably not

• He is use n sex with u. N throw u afterwards. Beware babe

What Girls Said 11

• He still wants to try to be friends. But its clearly up to you. If you can't handle that then just move on. Its not to soften the blow because he wouldn't have just text you about how LDR doesn't work for him. Its nothing wrong, he told you his honest answer. It was a friendly gesture, but if you can't control your feelings then just tell him you can't do it anymore and drop him. BUT make sure that this is what you want to do. Because the moment you make this choice, you can't go back to him. There has to be some sort of compromise. Those are his terms. And if you don't want that, don't be in a relationship with him of any kind.

• Drink = sex perhaps... that's on the cards but a relationship isn't.

• of course. I'd still talk to them but I'd actually treat them like trash. :)
    like i have a way of insulting people indirectly so that's whatcha get. for rejecting someone as awesome as myself. (acts arrogant but rlly isn't please don't hate)

• Don't do it girl

• I would just cut ties because why would you keep putting yourself in pain seeing him. Move on.

For sure that's what I wanna do but I don't get why he said that?

He might have said it to keep you on his radar. Possible test the waters later if he wanted. I honestly would not give him the option. You need to take care of you first.

• nob.

• Don't waste your time on him find a better guy

• He's not worth it

• He's just saying that to be nice.

• A very similar situation happened to me with a guy I like and it hurts ause he was very kidn with me when we met we even made out and hit it off so quickly right after we met, he seemed he was interested in me. But things got also complicated and he assumed I was hitting on him or coming onto him or that I wanted something serious when he did not want anything serious so he told me he was not interested in a relationship only to be friends. In my case he never offered me to catch up for drink gram something in the future he just said he only wanted to be friends. I was kind of bummed because we got along so easily and right away right after we met, He seemed interested in finding out more about myself he enve share with me personal and intimate details of his family and himself, why he would do that anyway if he know he was just leading me on.

• Nope!!