Who has most of the power in dating?

• Men have most of the power in dating
  • Men and women have the same amount of power in dating
  • Women have most of the power in dating

Most Helpful Guy

• When you're young, women. As you get older, the balance starts to tilt towards men.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• In theory both sides hold exactly the sme amount of power for obvious reasons, but since men generally have a higher demand for dates than visa versa, and woman control the supply of dates for men, they have more power in the end. But only because men let them.

• Is this a joke? Of course women have all the power in dating.

She literally has "final say" in everything, from whether there is contact info exchanged, to whether there is a date, whether there is a mutual kiss, if there is sex (outside of rape), if there is a monogamous commitment, etc.

If women said "no" to everything, there would be no dating! :-D

Everything you said applies to men too. None of the women I say no to can date me either. A date requires two willing participants otherwise it is kidnapping or blackmail or rape or something along those lines.

Men are typically the initiators, but you're still effectively saying no to all the women you choose not to ask out.

And if I was a woman and saw you misusing the word literally like that I'd saying no to you to.

• Easiest question ever sadly, women 100%, and men suffer from that every day. But, well done on putting it to a poll so we can see the common perceptions of that! Thanks ;-)

I am deliberately avoiding dating guys who give me that power... I can't stand being the dominant one anymore. I am SO sick of it...

@Yogigirl1 Men need sex. Women dont. Therefor the dynamics of modern dating are immediately in the woman's control. Choice isn't an option. Unlesd the male gets chemically castrated, in which case it, maybe, could be almost even.

@DonRomeo Stop crushing my dreams!

• The electric company

• Women used to and still do to some degree, but with the rise of the promiscuous girl and the break down of traditional relationships, that power has been dwindled significantly. A man no longer has to commit to get sex or any of the other dating "benefits". Girls offer that up for free.

(if you hang around brothels 24/7, maybe.)

@kaylaS91 Brothels are illegal in almost every state except Nevada, so no.

hm okay. Brothels or the seedy side of town. Either or.

• Seriously? Quit trolling...

how the fuck is this a troll?

Old people dont know what trollin is.

he is quiet the old man lol

• if you view dating as a power struggle you are lost by default. there is no power in dating.

There is no power in dating? I've dated 4 x more women by 30 than the average male will in a lifetime, and Im telling you... there is almost nothing But power in dating. But, to your credit... I wish I could see the world through your eyes XD

@DonRomeo there is no power in social interaction. the only thing to realize that is to understand that when people put themselves in a position of authority to tell you what to do you just ask yourself if their authority is legitimate, it is not.

• you have a really bad outlook on dating.. it will hold you back if you look at it as a power game

And your naive if you think power doesn't exist in relationships.

there's power in everything but when i look at a woman who i may be interested in, i dont say to myself "ok how am i going to capture the power in this situation".. i just go ask her out and see what happens

• stupid question, who has to sit back and choose?

• Whoever cares more has the power, regardless of gender.

• It's hard to say because both genders have more power in certain ways.

• I do.

• Whoever is paying.

• B.

But...

That's only on average and over a lifetime.

Women under 25 have a lot more power, men over 28 or so have slightly more power.

Women have more power in resource towns or rural areas. Men have more power in liberal arts schools, or ghettos, or cities like Manhattan

Beautiful women have more power than average men, always.

Very successful men have more power than even beautiful women.

• Women do

What Girls Said 4

• Who has most of the power in dating?
    B. Men and women have the same amount of power in dating

In my opinion gender doesn't determine the power but how desirable you are and that's an individual thing.

I think girls at least where I live. In the sense that a girl has at any time many guys talking to her, so she may play games or not give a fuck at all while even good looking boys don't have so much girls talking at at one time. Also girls can get laid any time if they want

I bet you ALWAYS "know" you're right. Because you already know everything. You are very tedious.

How about it be your turn to prove your statements? "most women are also significantly less likely to go to the hospital or the police."

You want to have the right to talk about bias? Disprove it with sources, not just saying "Nu uh". I'd say the fact that I'm arguing in defense of a different gender gives me a lot less potential for bias than you. And you really love that word don't you? So disprove your bias.

The fuck are you even talking about getting off topic? Who said anything about society or dating? And *I'M* the one ignoring things?

I literally just posted the stats. Heterosexual women 35%, heterosexual men 29%. You claimed that gay people skewed the stats. I disproved that statement by taking gay people into account. Then you say I'm ignoring everything. Okay. So lets prove it.

Find me legitimate statistics showing that gay people skew domestic abuse stats.

You are astoundingly resistant to anything that doesn't suit your world view. You will never learn anything.

Here is proof that men are way less likely to report domestic abuse from the Department of Justice. "Male victims are particularly reluctant to report assaults by their intimate partners" www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/209039.pdf

If it wasn't fucking common sense.

• Depends on the individual, not their gender.
    *sits and waits for the hoard of angry, frustrated, bitter 'men' to contradict this statement...*

Copout lazy answer.

• Men do because he has the pocketbook.

Women have money too. More than single guys do actually.

• Women and men have the same amount of power. If it does appear that women have more power it's only because men let them.