In your opinion what's the difference between having sex and making love?

My boyfriend said he can't wait to make love to me. My first thoughts were '' is he in love with me? ''. So I got him to explain what love making was to him and he said it was just more sensual than ordinary sex. What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• To simplify it there are three kinds of sex: Making Love, Sex, Fucking.

The difference between them is the focus on emotional intimacy and connection and trying to get the most physical pleasure out of it. Making love has it's focus on expressing and embracing an emotional connection and intimacy. Fucking (for example having a quickie) has it's focus on the physical pleasure. Sex is somewhere inbetween.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sex is just a guy poking you just to take care of his dong. Usually He wouldn't care much about how you enjoying the sex how you feel about it.
    Making love happens when a couple are passionate about each other, have deeper feelings for one another. there will be a lot of affectionate during the sex and he will care for you, how you feeling it.
    Usually you just can tell the difference between just sex and making love. If you never up for one night stand, hook ups, you probably wouldn't understand.

What Guys Said 5

• It is usually too sweet, careful and protective. And not very good.

The best is when you are both animals that have a real and deep connection with each other. The connection is very important, but so is the passion.

The rest is just using someone else's body to masturbate, and that is the worst sex of all.

• Yeah, I'd agree with that. Sex is a physical act, it can be emotional but scientifically it's just a physical act, making love is a better term to describe getting intimate with a lot of emotion involved as well.

• Absolutely no difference. It's just a "polite" way to say "fuck your brains out".

• One is for pansies, one isn't.

• You fuck a slut you make love to your girlfriend

What Girls Said 4

• In your opinion what's the difference between having sex and making love?
    Having sex = mutually consented/desired activity to give/get pleasure
    Making love = sex with all parties in love and display emotional intimacy and connection (in hetero sex it's where the gal is in love and the guy believes/thinks he 'loves' her and his emotional intimacy is with his own ego)

• Technically they are the same, one of them has emotions with it I will leave which one to your imagination

• My thoughts are the same as his

• making love focuses on the more sentimental, emotional act of sex while the physical is secondary.

Its about the journey and connecting with each other, orgasm isn't the goal.

When making love "having sex' becomes the tangible medium for how couples express said love.