Would it be wrong to get involved with a young teacher if I am 18 and not his student?

Well, there is a new teacher in my school who is everything you can want, very handsome, smart, interesting and friendly. He just graduated, he is 24-25 years old, I think. He's not my teacher, but he's a teacher in my school! I am 18 years and totally crushing for him, not just because he is a teacher, but because he's exactly the type of man I'd love to share my experiences with. At the first times everytime we met we were making eye contact, then we talked on the halls, now he recquested friendship on fb (I don't know how he found me as I'm not his student) and then messaged and we had a nice conversation, actually he told me he thought the first time I was a teacher, that I look more mature than I am. Somehow this situation reminds me of one my favourite movies Liberal Arts. I don't know if he's friendly like this with all his students and ig that everything it's in my head...
He didn't asked me out or anything, but if he did would it be wrong?
What should I do now? Please, I need advice! Thank you!:)

Most Helpful Guy

• The legal answer is that it depends on where you live. Although 18 is old enough to meet the age of consent in all 50 states, in some places it would be illegal for the teacher to have a sexual relationship with you (if that's what ends up happening) whether you are in his class or not. As long as he is a teacher in that school, he could end up in jail if that happens. Also, even if it is not illegal where you are, the school may have it's own rules about relationships between teachers and students and if you are caught, he could lose his job.

So you tell me. Is it worth risking that happening to him? If it's real, maybe it can wait until you graduate. Then all those issues go away. In the meantime, my advice would be to find someone else to have a relationship with.

The above assumes that when you say you are in "school" that you mean High School. If you are in college it's a different answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes he is still a teacher in your school and is against the rules for a teacher to have relations with a student. Whether they are his student or not. If something does happen better stay out of public because these things get out.
    At my high school a teacher was dating a student then she left school so they thought "no big deal now" but people found out and he had to resign before he was fired. Was all over the news and now they're married and have a couple kids I believe. Not without dirty looks

What Guys Said 6

• Your very best bet is to wait until you graduate, I'm sure it varies place to place. However I'm pretty positive he would be risking his job at the very least, if its not completely illegal.

• i don't think you can date in high school? regardless of age, due to teacher/staff contract.

• It's legal and not wrong since you are both adults. Though, there may be rules in place at your high school that could prohibit it. He might lose his job and maybe even his career. But it's legal...

• "Would it be wrong to get involved with a young teacher if I am 18 and not his student?"

Nope. everything is legal.

• It's probably against school policy.

Keep it distant till you graduate, which is I assume in the spring?

• Talk, don't date until you've graduated.

Doesn't matter if he's not YOUR teacher. He's A teacher and dating a student WILL cost him his career if it's discovered.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd maintain the friendship but not pursue anything more it or romantic until you graduate. It's only 8 months but it makes a huge difference.