How do you break up with your boyfriend after a year of dating without hurting him?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year now but I really want to take a break and be single. I don't want to hurt him because he has been a very nice to me. How do I tell him I don't want to date anymore?

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay first off, no mater what, he will be hurt. You can't stop that, but you can lessen the pain with a few honest words. Whatever you do, tell him the truth why your breaking up with him so he doesn't assume other worse things. If he is a really nice guy he will understand and let you part your own way. Being straight-forward is the best approach, and if this a break, just tell him that and he will willingly listen to you.

What Guys Said 1

• Honestly there is no way to break with him nicely. I say just strait up tell him, don't play games about it or he will feel twice as bad.

What Girls Said 1

• Be straight up with him. He deserves taht.