How do you start dating?

I'm 20 years old and I have never had any romantic contact to guys. My looks are kind of average (pretty face, slightly chubby) but my personality apparently is very attractive to people. (That's what I've been told by others who have met me.)

I do notice that there are guys who think I'm attractive, however, I'm very shy and have no experience, so I don't really approach anyone. Plus, a lot of guys in my age group already have a girlfriend and the ones that didn't have one and I tried to flirt with weren't interested in me. So how do I find someone who:
a) is single? (no online dating, I tried it and it's terrible)
b) is interested in me?

and how should I approach them?

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing wrong to be single.
    You will find someone with time. No worries. Good luck.

What Guys Said 19

• To get a guy interested in you, you need to sell yourself as a complete package. Notice how even dingy women can get guys? This is because they are most likely attractive, take good care of themselves and are in shape. Guys really do not see the personality right away as that takes time. We are "window shoppers".

• You keep looking. It is hard to find someone these days. Online sites help you connect with poeple around you but no much else. Try going to hobby groups, clubs, young adult church events...

• Let's change the order

b) If you think someone is interested in you, you can like socialize with him, get to know him and see how he responds. If he's excited to talk to you, how he looks at you, maybe nervous
    a) When getting to know him, you could like slip the relationship status in a little, all sneakily xD

• Hang out at places where there are a lot of single guys (bars, clubs)
    ask your friends for advice on meeting guys and they'l probably prattle on about their philosophy and then tell you about some single guys they know and set you up

in terms of actually approaching, usually if you try to get to know a single guy he will give you a chance as most people hate having to approach random people and risk rejection but just don't seem desperate

So guys at the club and bars are usually single?

@Shizzypoops You don't really know until you try. Probably a good idea to stick to the least seedy or disreputable clubs though.

@Shizzypoops a lot are, sure and a lot who don't want to hookup may do it because they believe the women there are... you can always give your number though instead of going home with them and a lot will still feel like its a win and will call you.

• you have to be forward with a guy and ask one out, and continue to show him you love him, its that simple.

Yep, is that simple. It even looks better if a girl asks a guy out on a date, it's just me tho.

• Grab a pair of dates from a dates tree or the supermarket and chuck it at a bunch of guys if he picks it up off the floor that means he chooses you as a dating partner.

• Aww! You are so sweet. I'm sure you look beautiful. Some men, like myself, do the approaching. You just have to be a little vulnerable, and be in a situation where someone would ask you out. You know, go to where your type of men are. It's a shame that you are not interested in online dating. I give everyone a chance, but that's just me.

• Approaching a guy is simple just go to him, say something random, start small talk. If he interests you he will most likely to continue and start new conversations. Which will lead to dating. After sometime ask him to go out or encourge him to ask you. I believe you can understand if he is single. If you are not sure You may ask him nicely. If you are shy make someone ask for you. Also don't totaly ignore your friends who are experienced. Looks like thats it. Good luck!

If you are not sure You may ask him nicely.

There are two approaches you can do in this case if you are single.

1) Find him on Facebook and check if he's single.
      2) Try to be around his friends for a bit and ask them if he's single. This will work two ways because firstly you will know if he's single and secondly when they brag about you to him, he might approach you because he will know that you are interested in him.

• Talking to them is enough to signal your interest. Staring at his face also works wonders.

img.myconfinedspace.com/.../sexy-gaze-700x437.jpg

I second staring at them

I beg to differ this shit. I mean, it can literally mean everything to guys. There are so many oblivious guys even if you told them that you free this day and this they won't be able to pick it up, lol. It also can take them ages to figure it out.

@SpinningDude69 Either works, but I lean more to u, the more staring the better

• Lol I started that a long, long time ago.

• I agree online dating is terrible i imagine speed dating would be better since your meeting them in person that's if you have the courage for it though i haven't tried it yet my self.
    A face is a lot better than a photo that might be them.

• Who knows. Online dating did the trick for me and I suck cominicating with people unless we're talking cars, technology and motorcycles then I'm all good and will talk hours on, other wise ha.

Just get out there or use the mm shitty online dating apps lol

• Are you in school? Do you work? Do you live in a city, a suburb, or the boonies?

• You don't, you let them approach you.

• In order to start dating you got to start with small talk than take things from there.

• There's a lot of single guys in bars and clubs !

• by finding out a little about the person I'm interested in.

• Kiss them. Things should play themselves out after that.

• ask for the number... show some interest. Guys are soon going to stop approaching

Guys are soon going to stop approaching

I;m not surprised, there are already many guys who are MGTOW...

What Girls Said 1

• I've never had romantic contact with guys and I'm 19. Don't focus on it too much, enjoy life. I'm sure you'll find someone when you least expect it. ;)

I dunno why you are putting yourself down, for what? I am myself a 23 years old virgin who doesn't have a lot of experience with dating or girls so what? Who cares? It will come some day tho, the same apply to you ;)