How would you react if you found out if the person you're dating is really close with their ex?

Say there could be a reason, like they've known each other like forever, or their parents/friends are friends and so on. Say they talk a little almost every day, hang out maybe once a week/two weeks. Would you be ok with that?

Most Helpful Guy

• It will always be difficult, but trust is a biggie in a relationship. I would be uncomfortable with it, but maybe if I get to know the person better, I may understand why she's still friends with her ex or something and perhaps even get along with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tbh I'd probably become friends with their ex so he/she would feel guilty cheating on me. That way I've secured that fear and made a new friend!

What Guys Said 11

• If they broke up on good terms and both don't spend time alone nor do they talk alone I'm good with it. But if they are texting in private and see each other - just the two of them - I'm not sure I would like that nor would anyone honestly

• Yeah sure. Probably go out with him for coffee , have a chat , a good get to know each other.

• Personally, I don't think I will ever feel like I need to be with someone that is that wishywashy about someone they previously dated. I have my own thing going on, I don't have time to worry about if they might be something or not. There are plenty of people I may be compatible with and I won't waste my time with drama like that :/

• eh depends... but it would make me uncomfortable for sure

• Depends on the situation :P

• no I wouldn't. Feelings can come back really quickly.

• It really depends on how and why they broke up.

• It would be hard, but you have to trust people. Trust, but verify. Trust, but don't be a fool.

• she ll be my ex :)

• Deal breaker

What Girls Said 10

• shut. it. down.
    weird, unnecessary, and if it makes you feel uncomfortable... tell them
    if they don't value your feelings... leave em

• I'm ridiculously close with my ex, were each other's best friend. But yeah if I was on the outside I really wouldn't appreciate it because who knows what might happen between the two, you're never positive the feelings are gone

• close as in friends or close as in not moved on?

Close as in friends, they practically grew up together and she's been with him in rough times.

I'm sure that I'd feel uncomfortable about it all, but if they're close friends she must be an awesome person, so I'll try to get to know her

• It would make me uncomfortable and

• Nope, not okay with it.

• I was that ex girlfriend, and I don't care

• hm...

I'D SLAP THE BISH THAT'S WHAT
    😂😂

• It depends on how the ex acts.

• Tell him to stop seing her, cry telling him how much it hurt me if he doesn't stop I threat him to break up

• Nope i wouldn't be ok w it cause the sparks can come back