Is it okay to see other people if you are not serious with someone?

So my friend met this guy they both like each other but they haven't been on a date yet. My friends thinks that he is seeing other girls, she said that she didn't care because they aren't serious yet. I wanted to say something but I didn't because I'm like right in the middle. I agree with both of their opinions. My friends thinks that if he says I like you he shouldn'ttalk to other girls ( they don't have proof by the way so they're assuming he might be seeing other girls, I guess they're trying to say don't get to excited about him even though they haven't dated yet ) My friend believes that it's okay if he was even though they have been talking for 5 months now and 2 months ago they both said they like each other. So she thinks that they aren't really serious yet.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your friend is right. If they haven't agreed on exclusivity then he's done nothing wrong.

Thank you and I thought so too, just because they said they like each other doesn't really mean it's official.

I'm the same way, once I tell someone I like them, I don't see other guys. Like I said before they could be right or they could be wrong, but honestly I still think they will make it official once they go out because they both bonded in a way and they understand each other

Thanks for the vote. :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I wouldn't see other guys if I was seeing a guy who I wasn't in a serious relationship with. I'd feel disloyal towards him

The sole purpose of dating is in the hope that it'll develop into a long -term relationship. So I'd take dating him very seriously. I'd still be committed to only him , because all my focus and attention would be on getting to know him to build trust and a foundation for a relationship.

Even if I was in a friends with benefits relationship I'd still only see him... not other guys too.

Thank and I'm the same way, The only reason I'm not really agreeing with my friends because he might not be seeing anyone,

*. I really hope he isn't though he seems like a great guy and again it's nice to know she won't be mad and once to still develop a relationship with him.

Thanks for the MHO

What Guys Said 2

• A lot of people date multiple people, personally I find it a bit weird, but a lot of people do until 'official'.

Right exactly, I don't do it and if I was my friend I would think like her, because that's why some people say " I'm keeping my options open " something like that

• Well this is this whole sex in the city thing that usually goes on in big cities where women who say there looking for love and to get married continually ride the cock carousel until tgey hit the wall aged thirty and can't get a decent man at least one that wants anything other than a quick bang while they search for a woman who's wife material.

What Girls Said 3

• If they haven't even been on one date yet, then of course he can see other people... they aren't even dating. Even if they are dating, as long as he is honest with her about his intentions, and they haven't decided to commit to each other or become exclusive, then he can still like or see other girls.

• Well if they haven't set any boundaries then he's not in the wrong.

All I know he does really like her, but they just haven't made it official or anything. I will still tell her I think she will appreciate it, I don't like what my friends are doing I mean I understand but I don't like assuming unless you know something but they don't so it's not really right to assume that.

Well at the end of the day they're putting paranoia in her head without reason which isn't fair to her. And he said he likes her but they haven't set anything officially so it's not really binding he has to just stay with her now

Right exactly and thank you

• I think it's okay, I would do it. But if I really think that I can make it work with this guy, I would focus on just him