Is it easier for an older guy to take advantage of a younger girl?

Say the girl is 19, and the guy is 25. Is it often easier for him to take advantage of her sexually, than it would be if the girl were closer to his age? If so, why? Does this happen often?

What Guys Said 1

• It depends because if the girl is naive and immature then it might be easy for the guy to take advantage of them. Also sometimes guy's will promise a lot and not deliver because they only want to get sex from the girl. Not all guys are like that but some.

If a guy tells me straight up he doesn't want a relationship right now, but then goes on and tells me other things that make me think we will be together when he is ready and at a better time, then am I just stupid and immature for having sex with him thinking I am more important to him than I really am? Am I a slut? I've only been with him and another guy. The other guy I dated for over 3 years. But the one who was telling me all of these things is so different from anyone else, and honestly I have been in love with him for a while now. He has everything I want in a man. But now I just feel cheap, easy, immature, and stupid. What do you think?

Don't feel the way you do. We all make mistakes and we try to learn from them. Nobody is perfect. It's easy to fall in love with a person. Very deeply and do anything for that person. The way he is acting and his behavior sucks. We always hope and want the person to change and get better. Don't feel like a slut and cheap for having sex with him. Just slow down with all of that until he improves in his behavior. Yes you are important and you should be happy and make yourself happy.

What Girls Said 1

• I would say yes. Because girls closer to his age aren't always as easy to get. Whereas if he's older, he'll seem more intriguing by default for a younger female. And depending on how old the female is, he could trick them if they're immature or gullible.

Nooo not at all! You're very smart and understand that this is a problem, and doing that is very mature. Especially in seeking help! That's very good! No, you are not a slut at all. Not in any way. I don't know much about the guy, but being honest, he's certainly interested in you, but from the sounds of it... He's only interested sexually. Meaning he doesn't want to have that deep of a relationship with you. This might not be the case, it's only what I can tell from the details. Are you close to him? Do you know much about him? If you're close I'd try talking about this problem with him. I'd say something like "hey, you seem interested in me, but not in dating me? Are you only interested in me for the sex?" Like that. It'll probably be difficult being direct like that, but sometimes it's the best way to go. No, again, you're not even 1% slutty. This is someone that you really like, so of coarse you're going to try to be with him! But he doesn't seem to reciprocate your feelings.