Girls, I am a virgin and want to wait to have sex until marriage. Am I a weirdo?

So our society has become over sexualized and it seems that women just want sex from men. This fact makes my stomach turn! I'm starting to think I'm abnormal, because I value a relationship above sex. All I want is a deep intimate connection with another human being, where we both know each other and love each other. I want to fight for that. I'm starting to think that women just don't want that and it's not normal. So I guess I was born a freak of nature?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• "... women just want sex from men." - That's not true.
    Many women want the exactly same thing you want, a deep intimate connection with someone. Most of us, are not looking for sex, we want a relationship.
    You're free to choose when you want to have sex. It's up to you.
    And I don't think you're a weirdo. There's nothing wrong with you.

I really hope that's true. I'm literally crying right now.

• 21d

Thank you for the MHO.

• 20d

Yeah no prob.

What Girls Said 6

• No you are not being weird. You are being you.
    Just because society says it's cool to have sex before marriage and you think otherwise, doesn't mean you are right or wrong.
    I'm sure you will find the perfect girl who understands and appreciates your value.

• No you are not a weirdo!!! You have your morals and values figured out. Believe me there are lots of girls who think the same way you do, myself included. When the time is right you will find a girl who shares the same principles that you do. Don't let anyone change your values.

• No that's good

What do you mean?

Lots of girls want that

Not from my experience.

• You're not weird. I actually respect you so much more. And I'm also waiting till marriage.

Well I don't want to be sexual at all. I still want to kiss and cuddle. My last girlfriend practically molested me, I told her no but I let her. We didn't have sex. I regret ever doing that. Still, it hurts so much, because I thought she loved me. So I though it was okay to touch me since she loved me. It turns out she just wanted sex, and was cheating ever since we started dating. And it seems to me that that is all women want today, and if I want love then I better sleep with a woman. Of course I won't. I just can't find any woman who wants something deeper, and I feel like a fool for believing that women want this at all.

Why is that funny? I'm crying.

Okay

• More power to ya

• If you think women just want men for sex you have been living under a rock. I am sorry but that just makes me so sad you have that opinion of other women. You are a virgin and I think that is great and I am genuinely envious of you but that also means you don't know what 'dating' while sexually active is like...

Have been on a date with a guy who buys dinner and then expects to have sex with you?
    Have you ever had a guy you thought like you and had sex with then only text you at night to come over because he doesn't see you as a high valued human being, rather an object?
    Have you ever been on a date with a guy who offers to be your friends with benefits because they don't want a committed relationship right now?
    Have you ever said no to guy and he just kept nagging and nagging and nagging and trying to pressure you into because he knows 'you want to really bad and your just playing hard to get'?
    Have you ever been on a date with a man who tried to pay you for sex?

Women aren't using men. Its the opposite. We are pressured by society and men to have sex. I didn't have sex until I was 18 and it was a situation where I didn't want to but no only meant keep asking and nagging until she says yes. And I was scarred for years from it. I had a really hard time telling men no and being terrified if I said no they wouldn't like me. It even came to a point where I had so little self worth I had a man tell he that he only wanted to have sex with me and wasn't looking for a relationship after our first time and I just looked over at him and said "I know. Thats what all men think of me".
    I just in the last year been able to overcome view of myself but it took a long time and a lot of courage to finally look a man in the eye and tell him no, I do not want to do that. I think most women who are sexually active have a point in their life when they feel that way (or something similar) about men and themselves and wish that they could have exactly what you are describing.
    I am not saying all men are pigs. But I'm saying most are if you let them.

I don't want to pressure any women into having sex. And it seems to me that's all women want. I've had exes. I've recently got out of a relationship with someone who just wanted that. I don't want that. It makes me seem weird because everyone want's that. I would never pressure someone I love into having sex with me. That makes my stomach turn just thinking about that. I've been used, you can't tell me it's the opposite. I'm hurt deeply. All I want is love, and that seems so weird to people!