Should guy's just meet a girl in person rather than online because it's difficult meeting a girl online?

I feel it's a waste of time for guy's, women are too picky online and then they never find anybody because they're expecting mr perfect. This is just me but online dating is bullshit, but should guy's just meet a girl in person rather than on a dating site?Should guy's just meet a girl in person rather than online because it's difficult meeting a girl online?
I'm sorry but i had to post this because it's true.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would agree with most of the other girls. Some of the guys can be quite crazy and I have been online dating for a long time and I ensure you 90% of the guys I even talk to are not appropriate for me. Plus I don't go for hot guys and I don't think that is the case for many others - I go for my type and also look at how the guy displays himself in his photos and choose from there ie:

shirtless photos - wants nothing but sex, a bad idea and not particularly a fun conversation.
    photos with animals - a manipulative trick but still gets me every time.
    photos of a group of people - they might be hiding something and is an automatic no.
    photos of cars - don't bother
    photos of anything but their face - don't bother
    guy in a suit - automatic yes because it means this guy seems classy.
    making silly face - think their normal face is either ugly or are a funny person

Sometimes I go for guys that may not be amazingly attractive in my books if they have a humourous photo.

This is all of the examples I can think of and some girls may think differently about my points so keep that in mind :).

However don't be upset that girls choose who they want - they are allowed to. If you want to be chosen then simply change your profile a bit. Most of the time it is something in the way you present yourself that makes them say no.

But please don't be angry about it - because that mostly means you have your own insecurities and everyone does. What I am saying is - there is no point nor need to get upset about it because no matter what you are going to do, it is going to inevitably happen.

Most Helpful Guy

• Online there's options, but that lends itself to pickiness. You're less likely to get attention online.

Offline it's hard to ignore someone speaking directly to you but you'll have to adapt to the situation, it can really backfire hard, reflect badly on you and it's going to string a lot more if it goes south, which we all know chances are that it will.

Lose-Lose. It's rough.

What Girls Said 10

• It's hard to get a woman, regardless. There are different pluses and minuses, though, depending on how you do it. Online, they care more about looks and how much your profile matches their criteria list. In person, unless you're a certain type of guy, it's harder to actually make that approach and/or ask a woman out the first time... but if a woman already knows you, the more she knows and likes you as a person the more she'll get over the looks and criteria list part.

But, yeah, I won't do online dating because I think people are pickier online and they either barely want to communicate but expect you to come meet them right away when they could be crazy as hell or they screw around about meeting and never follow through. Or correction--won't do online dating through dating sites. I have met girlfriend material through unusual avenues online, like forums, and had relationships come out of that.

• best to stay offline. guys r picky too by the way

Not as much as women though.

• Yeah I understand what you mean! But it's possible that you aren't looking in the right places. And I'm sure you can agree with me and say that men are the same way, in choosing a hot girl to message etc etc. You're a good guy so I'm sure that doesn't apply to you. But I think if you look hard enough you cousin find someone cute and quirky. But, as for me. I'd always rather find someone in person. Just because it's easier to find out if they're good for you.

• I think it's important for girls to be more selective when looking for dates online. There's too many unsavoury and untrustworthy characters online. That's why I'd never look online for a date.

• I find that with guys online it's not about being good looking, it's just having some familiarity with the woman to make her want to meet you and feel safe. Of course attraction is needed, but I find that if I vibe well with a guy and he seems genuine or like me, I am more likely to meet him. Actually, most guys I do meet up with are the ones who hardly meet anyone online, so maybe I'm just an odd one here. Also, depending on the site, but sometimes I only meet up with guys I've seen around before or have mutual friends with. A complete stranger takes a lot more time to establish a sense of familiarity and attraction since it's just photos and casual conversation.

• I think it'd be better if it was face to face, yea. I mean online dating SHOULD come to that eventually and if not, then why bother?

• well i do think I'm hot shit

maybe that's the kind of attitude guy's need when they go on dating sites.

That's why it sucks lol. I'd rather meet in person.

good idea. let me know where you meet girls to date b/c i have no idea

• I don't do online dating 😂😂

• Meeting them in person is a whole lot different than just online so yeah

• guys*

ya i know my mistake.

Didn't catch it at the moment of writing that's why.

Okay, just want to help.

What Guys Said 8

• I agree with you, I get almost 0 replies online but in real life I am very successful. Also I look like shit in pictures, while in mirror I look very very good. But we have to try online dating because in real life can't meet any girls at all , where can you meet them huh..

Also I want to add that on online dating you can't understand if you have chemistry with a person or not. I remember matching on tinder with a girl from my city she liked me never replied back (like most woman just want attention). Anyway it happened that I met this girl in real life and I mentioned in a funny way about us matching in tinder, got her number went in dates then later she become my girlfriend. In real life we clicked so amazingly, I got a boner just by being with her and she also seemed so attracted. For people like me who suck at texting and look shit in photos online dating just doesn't work. For manipulative guys (have some friends like that) it works wonder they are great at texting, phsycology techniques and other shit for lying to woman. Anyway I am happy with myself being honest and I don't like games. In real life I get any girl I date, but the number of girls that I can meet in real life is very low like 1 girl per month huh

• The problem for guys is that they are a lot less discriminatory. So women have a lot more options and the women think they're more desirable than they really are

• I tired it and got close a couple times.

Meh, it works for some people. But I guess im more of a hands-on kind of person.

• I take bad pictures so I don't bother with online dating. I made a tinder and got responses but never made an effort to meet these girls.

• Online dating is crap. A lot of women like it because of the attention they get, but they never get off the site and they never meet a guy. Wouldn't let the experience define you or make you feel less. It's their problem, honestly, most often.

I agree and i think it's much better to approach in person because online women have the upperhand and can just swipe any guy they find unattractive. I'm meeting person for now on.

@El_Muffidore It's true. There are some good girls on dating sites.

@Theodorable yup like the pretty dame I met on okcupid 2 years ago. She really didn't seem to care that my face looked like regurgitated after birth >_<

• I never had a problem but you should keep all of your options open, not just focus on one way to meet women.

you've probably never had a problem because you're goodlooking.

Regardless, what I'm saying is you should use ever avenue available, it just increases your chances.

• It might be better in person, because it's you know what your getting and less of a risk of getting dissapointed.

• You're right but they are also picky in person but at least rejecting us is easier to take online