Lost my job. Should I give up on dating?

2 months ago I found employment at a company close to my family's town, after living in the city 300 miles away for the last few years. I was excited to have this new job because I've been aching to have one like it that fit my career specialties for a long time, and I could be close to my family once again (but only 30 min west of them). I was excited to get established in a new town with a cool job, a rented house, meet girls, and hopefully find wife pretty soon.

Well unfortunately my supervisor told me that I was not meeting expectations at this job and I made too many mistakes in my first 2 months being there, and then fired me. Now I have nothing for me in this town. Now I don't know if any girl will date a guy who just lost his job and will have to settle for a really crappy one just to survive in a new town. Money isn't an issue so much as pride.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say just hold off on dating until you feel comfortable

Most Helpful Guy

• If you date, be transparent about your plans. If you're planning to move, tell the girl you aren't staying in that town. Just keep looking for a new job, and do things to improve yourself. You have time to date so don't feel pressured. People are getting married later nowadays.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• First find any type of new job before dating. Also find a woman that won't judge you for what type of job you have and also don't date a woman that will want you to pay for her while on dates with her. If you won't get a job that pays well, you shouldn't pay for her cause it would cost a lot paying her and yourself.

• Yeah dating while unemployed doesn't sound like a good idea, just wait until you get a job before looking for a relationship.

• Maybe you should work on yourself for a bit until your confident, then start to date.

• Yes. Money over hoes.