Help? What can I do?

Help? Is it too late for me? I grew up in a very conservative isolated boring upbringing (im eritrean). My mom only taught us to live for school and work, i was raised strict and she hit us a lot growing up, she also called us nicknames and made comments about our looks. As a result we grew up ****** up, we werent allowed to talk to people and my mom would judge most people and see them as good or bad, im 24 now and i am seriously lost, i only worked and went to school but never had 'fun'. I still live at home and im too scared to move out cause i never knew who i was... I was always scared to lose my family if i did what i wanted but now i regret it, i should have done what i wanted... i feel depressed, i never had a boyfriend, i never had sex because when i made out with a guy i felt dirty and ashamed... a lot of shame... how can get over this and get to know who i am? Is it too late?

What Guys Said 2

• Move out of that abusive environment, see a professional and start life over. It is never too late to start over and you are still very young.

• Adult persons have their own opinion, they won't let others tell them what to do and what not. You don't have to share my way, but you also don't have any right to judge it as long as my way is still legal.

As long as you don't learn to stand up for your opinion and to live with and bear the consequences, you are acting childish and are therefore treated like a child.
    This has nothing to do with age, i know a 16 year old boy, who is taking full responsibility and working really hard to support his daughter and girlfriend.
    And i know 50 year old women, who still need to call their neighbors / friends / family for each and every decision they have to make.

What Girls Said 1

• It's never too late. You can still turn your life around.