My boyfriend says he loves me but he also said that he could start liking someone else by talking to them. Does he actually love me?

I feel like I'm replaceable and he could easily fall in love with someone else. He is only in high school and I am in college. Maybe this relationship is not love but we just like each other. I mean a feel so strong for him. But he talks with a lot of other girls. Not just me. And he did say it is possible that he could like one of them. He said he wouldn't leave me for them because he is commited to me. But I am so insecure about him saying he could replace me. Does he actually love me if I am so replaceable?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is unfortunately the nature of young relationships. You two are at the peak age for human mating rituals and right now, both of you have more options than you'll ever have. Yeah, you're replaceable but rather than get upset about it, you should embrace this time of your life by having fun, being open to exploring other people as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Love can happen if given the opportunity. If he thinks he could develop feelings for someone else he shouldn't be putting himself in that situation while he is with you.
    It's very hard to maintain a relationship in high school

What Guys Said 2

• Love is a action. Love is how you treat someone. "Love" that is only a feeling, without action, is worthless.

• There's 7billion people in the world, there's no such thing as 'soul mate'. Honestly I admire his brutal honesty. Let me tell you, all guys think about other girls in or out of a relationship. There's a thing called self control. He is open with his thoughts to you and I would take this as a good sign. Typically cheaters are people who are emotionally closed on this subject to their partners.

What Girls Said 1

• He just likes you. But he is also honest. He'ld also said lies and move on