Guy I Like Rejects Me But Is Now Texting My Friend. What Do I Do? Why Does This Always Happen?

There was a guy I was REALLY into. We went to the same school but I never talked to him because I was shy. When I finally did talk to him things were going well at first then I told him I was into him and he rejects me and even said some pretty harsh things. A couple of days ago my friend says he's texting her but she ignored it. I honestly dont believe that for a second! She has been texting me lately and I have just been ignoring her because I'm really mad he rejected me then went after her. This is not the first time this has happened with my female friends and it TRULY PISSES ME OFF to the point where I dont even want to be their friends anymore. Also the reason why most of my friends are guys. Why does this always happen? I feel like I'm never going to get a guy because they all for some reason go after my friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I'd say that it won't be healthy for you to be mad because your Crush likes someone else, there's much happiness ahead for you, let this be an experience from which you can learn and grow, does it suck to see someone you like with someone else? Of course, but don't let blind you to the good things in life, there are guys out there who would be happy to take you out... Lastly don't blame your friends for being attractive, and if they are not being loyal to you, then choose your friends more carefully, don't give up!!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not her fault that he rejected you and is going after her. Please do not take this out on your friend. She is being a good friend by not talking to him. She isn't doing anything wrong here.

As to why this happens all the time. The only thing I can think of is that you are just meeting guys who are just not into you. Unfortunately that happens. We all go through periods like this in our lives.

The best thing to do is move on. This guy obviously doesn't like you so it's not worth worrying about. There are plenty of guys out there who will want to date you. Just go out and try to meet as many people as possible.

What Guys Said 13

• Agreed = ALWAYS
    as we continue to be used as a social ladder & network for shoppers

Best for me to DO NOTHING else only harm myself or pay into others' web of lies to serve their goals. With this, I would use my free time to shop for a replacement should he drop the bomb on me w/o warning someday.

• Firstly that fucking sucks
    Secondly take this as a win for you. No beartbreak dealing with this guy in a relationship.
    Thirdly don't ignore your friend. See what happens first. She should have common sense to say to him no because he moved on from her friend instantly to her.

• How is this your friend fault? You're a lousy friend for taking it out in her and honestly? You need to get over yourself and grow up.

So I'm a lousy friend because she's texting a guy that I have liked for a long time? No I don't think so. I wouldn't text a guy that my friend was into it's called loyalty.

And you don't know me enough to tell me to grow up! Fucking troll!

• Well if he rejected you, move on. As far as him going after your friend, does he know that you're friends? I'm sure it's not a personal attack.

As to why this always happens, it's hard say. Perhaps you come on to strong, or perhaps the guy (s) are already interested in someone else.

I had a situation once where I was into a girl. My group of friends and her group of friends hung out, and I put in considerable effort to give her extra attention (asking about her day/week, buying the occasional drink, etc). When I did finally ask her out (to lunch no less), she told me couldn't because her friend liked me.

Her friend was raging maniacal alcoholic and could not drive a car to save her life. And she did drugs (I was in the military at time).

When I told the girl I had zero interest in the friend, she told me I was not dating material since I wouldn't give the friend a chance. I just proceeded on.

He knows we're friends and she knows I liked him for the longest. That's why I'm not talking to her. I know she didn't ignore his text. I'm not stupid. Why would she feel the need to tell me that knowing the situation?

Please follow me back. I am the woman with the son.

@JaneShame Done. Apparently I need more Xper to send you a message.

• I don't know what to say...
    Why do you care so much?
    Its important to be honest with yourself and NOBODY belongs to you. As a guy this is the FIRST thing we learn. Women like it when we're distant doesn't matter how good a guy you are.
    Maybe your friend is giving out the goods?

I care because I like him. I sort of made that clear and at this point she can have him but she can't expect us to be friends.

• Move on... you're not his type

• Really the only thing to do is be happy for your friend and move on. If all these guys are so fair-weather then they're not good relationship material anyhow.

So be happy that the guy I'm into wants my friend? Yeah OK.

Maybe you should shut the fuck up.

So he doesn't like me but I'm still hurt and have every right to feel that way so get the fuck outta here

• you just need to get over it... sorry

oh and get some new friends of the fugly variety so guys will go for you

Your "opinion" was a HORRIBLE attempt at trying to be funny. So give up. That's what you should do old man. 😂😂😂😂✌

yeah troll on

• You girls and your drama.
    My advice: get uglier friends.

You men and always going for looks all the time.

😂 You never know, he might just be too shy to admit he likes you

@gomalley411 Nope. I'm good. 😂

• Most guys are visual and girls get uglier friends to make themselves look better.

• You could try and set him up

• i would take you out.

• move on. If you keep chasing a guy not into you, you are ignoring the guys that are into you.

What Girls Said 5

• Fair Weather Friend to the End, @LadyBug138.
    Drop her, she just Continue to Stab you in the Boy Back. This is Whack.
    Good luck and They Deserve One another. xx

Someone is out there who is Perfect for you, she is No help. xxoo

Yeah I have been ignoring her. It's not the first time a friend has flirted with or dated a guy I liked. I'm kind of sick of it.

• If it is not meant to be then it is not meant to be. Things happen for a reason my dear. Don't be mad at your friend because he is texting her. If you are truly her friend you will want her to be happy. Friends last a lifetime. Guys come and go. He could also be doing this on purpose to be a dick to you. Some guys get off on doing mean stuff like that. If you show him you care by being mad he wins. Have your sad time behind closed doors. Let him believe you are happy and have moved on. He'll be like what? Fake it until you make it. In time the hurt will fade and you will feel ridiculous for wasting your precious time and emotions on him.

But this always happens every time I like a guy I never get him and they always date my friends. I'm sorry but I can't bring myself to be happy about this. I have to cut her off and any friend of mine who has dated or flirted with a guy I wanted. This has been going on since high school and I'm tired of it.

• Hmm... Yeah that's an odd situation... If you could give me a bit more details on how you act around your crush and how your friends act. Even how your crush acts around you guys

I haven't talked to either one of them since she told me. But this has happened before. I would tell one of my female friends about a guy then all of a sudden they're talking. I don't know how he acts around her but when I was talking to him it seemed fine. We didn't talk about sex or anything and I wasn't too flirty. I don't understand what happened.

Well I haven't spoken to her since she told me. I'm tempted to cuss her out honestly but I'm just done w her and the other friends who have done this to me. I'm just tired of it.

Yeah, just completely diss her. Ignore her and push her away. She's not a good person.

• It sounded like he wasn't even a great guy anyways. Why do you think the guys usually like your friends more than you?

I wish I knew but now I'm at the point where I don't even want to hang out w them anymore

See, that's where I'm confused at. Did she or did she not chase after the guy? Did she or did she not ignore him? Is she or is she not texting him back? You have every right to be angry, but I need to understand the circumstance here to better give you an advice. You should never EVER take up any bullshit, especially betrayal. But know when you are going based on facts or assumptions. Anger can make you do, say, think and react in wrong ways.

I dont know who chased. All I know is he text her and she ignores it. At least that's what she says. Who knows.

• What? Why are you mad at your friend?
    How is it her fault?
    She's considering your feelings and is ignoring him.
    Maybe he doesn't like your attitude?

She's not ignoring him and I don't have an attitude. Sorry if I'm all about loyalty. I don't talk to any of my friend's crushes or boyfriends.

How would you feel if every guy you liked rejected you for your friend? Think about that.