Ever tried online dating? What was your worst online dating experience?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would I do that?

I heard girls get more matches then guys on dating sites. Was curious on other people experiences with online dating.

• 18d

Thanks for MHO

• 18d

Your very welcome.

Most Helpful Guy

• I met a girl on Yahoo Messenger, talked to her as friends for 3 years before beginning a long distance relationship. It was awesome at first. We would get on Skype for hours everyday, even lay down with our laptops looking at each other as we fell asleep. I ended up moving 1400 miles away to be with her. The first year was awesome. Things slowly declined in the next and by the end of the third year, we were ready to kill each other basically. That is my worst online dating relationship..

Wow man that sucks that things didn't work out. But at least you gave it a shot and tried it out. The effort counts more then not doing anything. That was good that you was friends with her first befoee taking the plunge to be with her. It sounded so romantic to. I was hoping thing's work out.

• 18d

Thanks for both the MHO's!

• 16d

Your very welcome.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes! Met my husband that way! The worst one was when I was very young, guy was actually on the registered sex offender list. It was scary and I stopped meeting people online for many years after that.

That sucks on that bad experience. Yes a lot of guy's have secrets and don't always tell women the truth about their life and past. Congrats on meeting your husband online. Im glad something great came from it. Just like everything else you have to be careful online just like in real life. You could had meet a regersterd sex offender in real life and not know it. Guy's lie about their real names to.

• I ended up talking for months with a guy that had the same interests yet they were completely opposite. And a lot of stuff I like that he didn't really dabble in so like dang. But I didn't know how to tell him I hated talking to him so I stuck it out til he ghosted me out.

That is good you tried and stick it out. That sucks he ghosted on you.

Well it was more mutual ghosting and it was a good thing, actually. I didn't wanna talk with him anymore tbh. Like out conversations later on ended up actually making me sad.

That sucks the conversations made you sad.

• Yes I did, I was on Craigslist. I dated a guy a lot younger than me, he treated me like I was a little kid

• I've never tried that. It's dangerous and I already know I won't get any matches.

Anything can be dangerous. Online you would have to be more cautious. Trust me you would get matches. Depends on the site you use.

Uh ok. You never know. Maybe the type of guys you like might like you back.

Maybe you're right. I wish that was true.

• Even if I was old enough, why would I do that?

Girls get more matches then guy's. You would get a lot of attention and 100 of emails from different guy's. lol.

• I ended up going on a three dates with a guy who was arrested a few months later in a complicated story that was all over the newspapers. Luckily, I got a weird vibe from him and ended it after three dates.

That is very good. You dodged a very bad situation. At least you went with instinct and you was right.

He was a pretty "nice" seeming guy too, not criminal looking or acting at all. I attract a lot of strange people offline too, for some reason.

Lol maybe the strange guy's seem to come your way and be attracted to you. Wow that guy was nice to. I have to agree sometimes you know and feel when something isn't right. I try not to judge but I go with instinct and gut feeling sometimes.

What Guys Said 11

• I do online dating and although I haven't found a perfect match yet, I like the online dating experience overall. The idea of it is great as another way to meet people that you normally could not do, but in practice, there are still plenty obstacles in online dating as well as a very different dating strategy than out in the real world.

So, as for my worst dating experience: I met with this one girl on a hot sunny day in the summer. She was wearing sun glasses and we walked and talked for a bit around the pier. Then halfway through the date, we went to get some food. At this point I realized that she had a lazy eye. She had chosen pictures online that did not make it obvious. That was not the only reason there was not a second date, but I would have appreciated if she was more upfront about it, but I can understand that it would be difficult to date for her.

Yeah true. Girls do that a lot on dating sites and misrepresent themselves. That is why she wore the sunglasses to hide it. But at least you went on a date with her. That is also true online dating takes a different strategy then in real life.

• Tried it a few times. Had a few good, a few weird, some downright scary. I'm a 6'4" black guy for perspective.

First date was went pretty well. We are still friends now.
    Second date was a eastern European lady on a work visa. She was was nice but also wasn't going to be in the country long.
    Third girl was a psychopath, but hot... I made the saying true. We went out a few times and I ended up terminating the thing on the third or fourth date. She actually told me how to cut my steak. More accurately, she took the knife and fork from me and said "You need to do it this way."
    Last one was the bizarre one. She messaged me and I agreed to meet her for lunch. She was mad it wasn't dinner on a Friday night (I worked weekends at the time). Met for lunch, got a very strange vibe from her. Date ended after about 45 minutes (that's why the lunch date is good for a first date). We left and she followed me. I drove a figure 8 three times and she was right behind me the whole way.

I called her and asked how did she like lunch (didn't let on that I could see her behind me). She said it was great and she couldn't wait to see me again. I ended up blowing a red light to get away. My phone immediately rang and she asked if I was a risk taker, nonchalantly. About two days later she called and wanted to see me again. I said perhaps the next week. She showed up at my house (!) with an overnight bag (!!). When I asked where she got my address she said she found it through the property appraiser listings.

Wow. Yeah dating can be scary. That last girl was a stalker. Girl's do that a lot. They will google your name and number before going on the date or check up on a guys facebook or instagram. At least they were all learning experiences. The other dates sounded ok at least they were not bad like the last one.

• Worst was when the girl showed up over half an hour late and was nearly 300lbs, something she'd carefully shot her photos to avoid revealing.

I once met a girl who looked decent in her pics and claimed to be average but then when I met her, she had a double chin that was all wobbly and she had a huge gut hanging over her waistline. I ended the date early.

I don't even mind a little bit of chubbiness/curves, but there's a fine line between chubby and obese.

Wow. But still the girl was wrong for croping her photos and misrepresenting herself. Pictures can be altered in so many different ways that it's not even funny.

• Average girls get 100's of messages
    I know overweight girl getting more messages than average guys

But unfortunately for them it's mostly sex related

Yes true girl's get a lot of nessages. Way more then guy's do.

• I never get any replies. I have gotten views, so I feel I seem worthless after my downsides are read. (Mostly still living with my parents due to epilepsy)

It's tough because girls are very picky online.

That's good. Just keep working at it and you'll be fine. And don't be afraid to talk to people in real life too. Use online dating as an additional tool in conjunction with real life dating. Get out there and join a club and give a chance for people to meet you. I know this can be challenging when you live at home, but sometimes you've got to risk it and step outside of your comfort zone.

@gbjackalope I so terribly badly want to "get out there", but I'm not aloud to. Doctor's orders.
      It's not hard for me to become social offline, it's literally impossible! I'm pretty much not aloud to have friends until my epilepsy is cured, which out doctors have been working on with very small and slow progress almost my entire life!

• Clingy girls...

At least on POF and OkC. Not so much on Tinder

• Yes I got stood up would be the worst.

• My worst online dating experience was an off and on with this one girl. I'm not proud of it.

• I met a girl who seemed really cool but ended up using me on the rebound and then on date 3 she invited me to her place and we had sex, but i saw an empty condom wrapper that was in her bed right before it and then she ditched me afterwards even though we had plans to see each other after that.

Wow that sucks she used you as a rebound. But at least you got sex out of it. I hope it was good sex at least.

Her behavior and excuses didn't make any sense. And she was hiding a lot. And had a lot of secrets. Thing's be good with girls then they change and flip out on you. She still was not right what she did.

Well she did get out of a 5 year relationship shortly before meeting me, which still doesn't excuse what she did, and I was taking it slow, playing it by ear, and yet still got screwed over. I got rebounded a few years ago which really screwed me up and I said I'd never date someone like that again. But with this girl, i didn't find out until we met that she was newly single. She didn't really bring up the ex or complain about him but she was acting hot and cold while keeping in contact with me till she started showing more interest. So I just took it as that's just how she is.

• most of my attempts at online dating just went nowhere , you'd send or get a few promising messages then never hear back from them. nothing serious came out of any of them

• Not yet.