Would you choose love or happiness?

so i have a boyfriend, and a male friend.
my boyfriend can't give me happiness, my male friend can.
however my male friend has a crush on me and i know he wants to date.
but i love my boyfrd and im stuck in between on what to do now.

• love
  • happiness

Most Helpful Guy

• Move on from both.

Your boyfriend doesn't make you happy. In fact you'd probably already have dumped him if it weren't for your male friend meeting emotional needs.

You won't be happy with your male friend, or make him happy either, because you don't really want him.

Dump boyfriend, create more distance form male friend, find a guy you want to date who makes you happy. And if you're really a 'friend' to that guy? Help him get laid and find a girl who wants to be his girlfriend.

This is good advice. OP needs to find a completely new guy who embodies both rather than jump back and forth between the old two.

@Kelfuma Yup. It's advice I try to push on guys in the friend zone as well - they are actually -enabling- her dating jerks, lol, because they're filling in the emotional gaps. If they weren't there, she might not date those guys!

Most Helpful Girl

• A boyfriend should never be responsible for your happiness. That's your job! You have to make yourself happy. And if he is bringing you down, he shouldn't be your boyfriend in the first place. Life is too short to spend it with people who don't add joy to your life. Don't stay with someone just because you have feelings for them.

What Guys Said 12

• Unfortunately, we can't choose who we love, it just happens. Sometimes, these people can make us completely miserable and a relationship would be a disaster (take it from me, I've been there).

Relationships need to be based on more than just sparks and feelings, because those come and go over time. It sounds like your friend will definitely be able to make you more happy in the long run and it's quite possible that you could fall in love with him eventually. Guys like your friend will always be the one's you know will treat you properly and put you ahead of themselves. The best relationships are based on friendship.

• Can't you have both? Go on dates with your male friend at his expense and get pounded by your boyfriend porno style after the date.

• If love doesn't bring happiness then it's not true love

• Happiness, hands down. And love isn't always happiness, since there's crap like divorce, domestic violence, and custody battles.

• I'd go for love any day even if it means it's gonna be hell till I die but does your boyfriend know he doesn't make you happy? Have you ever told him what you want so he can fulfil your expectations? Or do you just expect him to do stuff?

• Happiness comes from within. Expecting it to come from an exteranl source such as a girlfriend or boyfriend is a surefire recipe for disaster.

• Why can't your boyfriend make you happy?

• Love is happiness. But you are in love with both (seems like)

• I'll keep the happiness

• Umm, are you masochist?

• Well love isn't real and happiness is. So i guess i'll pick the one that exist.

• I think the answer is pretty obvious

What Girls Said 8

• Love - if you're with the right person , because they can enrich your life. Happiness is only a temporary emotion , not a permanent state. At least whenever you feel unhappy and face sad times , you have someone by your side who cares about you. You don't have to go through it alone

• Well is your boyfriend more important then your happiness? If yes then you chose happiness. If not then you just chose love.

• Happiness.
    'Romantic love' causes more stress and sorrow than anything else... I mean it's 50/50 if you're lucky...
    But happiness - that's priceless.

• Both go hand in hand and for me there wouldn't be love unless I was happy, and love would obviously make me very happy

• Usually I would say love, but in this situation I would go for happiness. But also remember that it really isn't a great idea to date your best friend. Because god forbid you fight and stuff, they won't be your best friend anymore.

• I'd rather be happy and single than having a pain-in-the-ass boyfriend that i apparently "love"?

• love is happiness..

• Happiness. It is way safer