I have a hard time figuring out if she likes me?

This girl I've known pretty much my whole life I've started to hang out with her. It started when I asked her out to a group dinner with some friends. She was like she definitely would be there. I asked her by text a few days later if she was coming still and she replied saying yes sir!. At dinner she sat across from me and asked a lot of questions. The next time she invited me out with her friends. During that night she would check on me to see if I was having a good time and for about 40-50 mins we talked and slightly flirted. She then texted me a few days later and asked if I had a good time. I never really looked at her like that because we have a 7 year age difference. She is 19 and I'm 26. But now I see things about her that are very attractive not just her physical appearance. But I don't know if she likes me in that way or is just friendly. I plan on inviting her out again soon.

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like she really likes you. Yeah, she's 19, but girls often prefer older guys. I'm 22, and I've been dating guys closer to their 30's. I would prefer them to be at least 5 years older than me, tbh...

Girls don't just check up on you to see if you're having a good time—not typically. If they do, they don't stick around for an extra hour to flirt. And she sat directly across from you and asked you questions? That's a really good sign :)

Give her a chance. She sounds like a sweet girl.

A couple of people like family and friends have said she is a nice girl and asked me what I think about her. My family has said that she likes me. But I don't want to make a move and then she didn't like me more than friends. That happened to me earlier this year with a girl that lead me on for months and she didn't want to be more than friends. I am still effected by that last experience.
      But am healing from it and trying to move on. That is why Im am trying to figure out her motives.

Believe me... I get it... though something I learning through the human experience is that you can't transfer all past experiences to apply to current situations... I have allowed my first love to haunt all of my other relationships—none of them were ever like him. And yet, they all suffered my submission to his judgment...

Wow, I am feeing the power behind that statement right now... I feel like I just had an epiphany...

Don't assume that she'll be just like the last girl... she obviously had a problem. Not everyone is like that, man. She really sounds like she likes you a lot... As a chick, if I were just flirting for fun, I would not have sit across from you and taken the time to get to know YOU. Girls who are just out for attention only focus on the shallow stuff, and flirt based on those things. If she legitimately took the time to try and meet the REAL you, she isn't playing games...

I am an outsider, so I obviously don't know the situation wholly... but I can tell you from

a chick perspective, she seemed pretty sincere.

People who are just playing games flirt to get attention. People who are genuinely interested will sit down and actually talk about getting to know YOU. Pretty simple...

What Guys Said 1

• sounds like she really does. She is putting in a lot of effor. also, it seems like she might have the same question about you.