How long do you wait to ask someone on a date when you meet online?

I am talking to two guys that I actually met in real life first several years ago, but reconnected with them both on bumble about two weeks ago (they don't know each other...). Both of them having been texting me every day but it seems like they don't actually want to meet because its been a little while and neither of them discussed it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Isn't bumble the thing where girls initiate shit? That might be the main factor here...
    If you know them and they aren't sketchy, just do it?
    I've met with girls the next day (rarely). Sometimes they bring up texting/hanging out but I don't use bumble.

Most Helpful Girl

• I always Believe this myself when They... Don't actually want to meet...
    However, many Online like to Spent the Time, in Getting to Know you better.
    No harm in Throwing a Teasing Hint in Here, dear, of , "So... How about getting together for coffee?"
    See where this Gets you, and if Joe still doesn't seem to Bite, eventually you Know... Something is not Right with this Jelly bean.
    Good luck. xx

There is no harm in talking to as many guys as you want. It's like a ratio thing of narrowing it down to which one, hun, really wants to go out on a date, sometimes be a mate. xx

• 19d

Thank you for the Vote of Confidence. xx

What Guys Said 14

• I have learned you that you only chat one day then I ask her to meet. Early on in my online dating experience I would chat for days and in 1 case, due to bad schedules, we had to wait almost 2 weeks. It is awesome when texting and chatting but we meet and nothing...
    It is a waste of time chatting too long. One or two days then if your still interested you need to meet. Otherwise, move on. If all you want to do is text and chat your not really interested in dating.

• Wait. You're talking to 2 guys at once? 😳

• Depends on where they are. I have met girls who live an hour or more away, and so it is more difficult to arrange a meeting for those cases. For people who are closer, it may be weeks, if we both are busy, or a few days, if they are up for it. I had one girl who got pissed and blocked me after we wrote a few times, as I kept putting off meeting her; I had a (yes, physical) scar I wanted to heal first.

• After at least one week of chatting and knowing details of each other

• I would prob try and talk to them for a couple days and then ask her out but I don't know. Then again I'm really bad with girls so who knows how long you should wait

• Depends on how long we talk and well we connect. Usually the earliest is 4-5 days. Some girls have gave me their number and asked to meet up right away though, but I let them do that haha.

We exchanged numbers. Should I be asking them to hang out? Or do you think they aren't interested and thats why they didn't ask

Talk for a bit then ease into it.

• Try to do it within the first week, definitely by the end of the second.

• Since I'm 32, I tend to ask someone on a date pretty quickly - within the first few days/weeks.

• 3 messages tops.

• Depends on distance, how far we are but I am quickie.

• In a week perhaps..

• The burden that still falls on the guys shoulders

• Maybe after a month

• Depends how the conversation is going... I am cool with waiting a week, but I try to ask within a day or two.

I find a lot of girls are not on these sites to meet people, and asking them out right away saves time.

You should mention that you want to meet up, so you know your answer.

What Girls Said 4

• Ask them on a date (coffee, drinks etc), if they say no, they aren't interested. I am pretty forward when it comes down to that kind of stuff, I dislike wasting my time.

• Polygamous

• One month

• One month but meet at a public place always