Asked a girl out to a formal date, said she'd check schedule and get back to me... no response in two days?

I texted a girl that I don't know super well out to our semi formal. She said it sounds like a lot of fun and that she wanted to check her schedule before she commits to going. But it's been 2 days or so now and she hasn't responded, and I sort of have to know if she says yes or not because I have to ask someone else otherwise.

Is she brushing me off and giving me a very passive no? Could she have just forgotten about responding back? I'm leaning towards negative outcomes here but wanted to get some other's opinions. Any chance she says yes still?

P. S. I am super into this girl so i'm overthinking this a lot probably

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry, but she doesn't sound interested. She doesn't want to say no outright. If she was truly interested, she would make time for you. Don't hold your breath or close your doors. Good luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• That is a rejection and a definite no, if the girl were really interested she would've gotten gotten back to you very quickly, girls always have their phones on them most the time, move on she doesn't like you

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Keep moving.

• Yeah you were rejected. Don't linger you'll only hurt and humiliate yourself further.