Would you hang out with a girl just as a friend? Or is there always an intention?

I'm only saying this because this guy hangs out with me alone lot (even if I'm not the most interesting person) and sometimes I feel like he flirts but then again he has talked about girls in front of me. There's just a bunch of mixed signals. Why would a guy want to hang out with a girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a few female friends I hang out with and talk to about other girls. Once you recognize and accept that there isn't attraction and/or you wouldn't be a good match it's very easy to be friends.

Yes but mind you I'm not really interesting. I'm just a pothead and I say weird stuff or nothing at all. I don't understand why any guy would want to hang out with me, you know? He even wants to be my class partner quick even if I'm not smart. He'll silently wait until I'm leave class to go follow me and chill. He's friends with everyone else in that class but he chooses to hang out with me and I don't know why. Then he'll be talking about other girls. Like, I just don't understand why anyone would want to associate themselves with me when i know I'm a quiet person in class, you know? Don't I have to be fun in order for someone to want to hang out?

"Don't I have to be fun in order for someone to want to hang out?" No. You just have to be good company. Does HE have to be fun in order for you to want to hang out with him? Though maybe he does think you're fun for whatever reason.

He'll say comments about my ass, then talk about how my sisters beautiful and how he knows where I get my good looks from. He'll say flirty stuff sometimes but then completely friend zone me again. So is it possible to just be friends?

What Guys Said 4

• I feel like a guys and girl can be best friends depending on the age. At my age I dont think there is anything wrong as long as there is no sexual attraction... But as you get older it is different from what I've heard it is almost impossible because if a girl is crying on your and super vulnerable a guy can make move and there goes only friends. However there are some cases of plutonic friendships.

• Becoz you're a friend... its not complicated. Guys have female friends.

Yeah but I'm antisocial. I avoid saying hi and I just smoke weed. In any normal circumstance, it would make sense, but I'm completely antisocial. I'm friendly though, but friendly isn't enough to make a guy want to chill with me, you know? Would you choose to hang out with someone antisocial?

• Yes I would. Because a lot girl hang out with me the same way, some of them have boyfriend or even married, we even cuddled while with their boyfriend or husband and they don't bother much because is just like brother and sister or a very great friend.

Yeah I understand that, but you probably hang out with you female friends because they're fun right? I'm not fun at all, I'm quiet when I'm at school but that's it. I don't know why he would want to chill

No. I hang out almost with everyone even the quiet and social awkward, I would just make them have fun like a 'cheer up' kind of thing.

• Yeah it is possible for guys to be just friends with a girl.

What Girls Said 1

• There are men who would hang out with a girl without wanting to be with her.