Why do fathers always hate their daughter's boyfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• After sex, the basic male biological imperative is to protect and care for family.

Almost all males think they are better than any other male at protecting a family - in particular, his family.

A man's daughter is not just his family, of course, but is his personal biological investment in the future of our species, so it is something extremely important to us. In particular, females over males because, physically, males are more capable of taking care of themselves and protecting the social clan - killing dinner and killing predators that would otherwise kill us and killing competitors from hostile clans. Females biological roles are making the next generation and being the essential glue in the social clan. (Yes, this is all very sexist, but Nature doesn't give a rat's ass about political correctness.) Also, since males can squirt with impunity, a man's genetic investment in the species is more easily spread via his sons. Not so with his daughters who can only bear so many children...

So, basically, a man has a shitload invested in his daughters. He'd rather care and protect them until he is dead.

At the same time, he realizes that he must "let her go" and find love and be with another man to start their own family. No generation is special and the passing of torches between generations is the natural order of things.

Thus, a father realizes the daughter will have boyfriends, but the father wants to make sure that the boyfriend is 1) "worthy" of his daughter and 2) capable of replacing the father in caring for and protecting his daughter. In a man's eyes, almost no other man is adequate to the task...

Also, like others have said, we remember what it's like to be a young male and, being older, we also realize how much young women don't understand young men very well and how powerful our sexual instincts are. Also, being older, we also now are fully aware of the strength of female sexual instincts. So, we are vigilant and concerned about our daughters "getting into trouble" ruining their lives because of a douchebag boyfriend and, also, implicitly, ruining the man's biological / genetic investment in our species.

So, when you put it all together, we get the impression that "Fathers hate daughter's boyfriends." The fathers don't actually hate the boyfriend, but they will hold that boyfriend to a very high standard. A successful boyfriend will be smart enough to know this and act accordingly.

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad is literally cool as shit, he's all jokes. Mind you it's tradition that he'll threaten to kill my boyfriends if they break my heart but he always follows it with a backslap and a laugh.

Besides he wouldn't kill em'. Maybe break his legs but shit he's a civilized man.

What Guys Said 34

• Ok here's the deal. Mind you my daughter is my step daughter, but I have helped raise her from an infant, so I pretty much consider her my daughter, and while it is true she is only 15, and not really dating, the biggest concern I have is for her wellbeing, which includes her emotional wellbeing. To that end I really would rather not have to watch her get hurt by some dimwit kid who can only think with his little head as opposed to his big head. Now I'm no fool, I know my daughter will experiment with sex, I just want those experiences to be as positive as possible even if they don't last.

I also know that sometimes (more often that I would prefer) young men will often play games with girls, and be jerks, which really ties in with what I said earlier. I would just hope that she can find a boy who is kind to her heart. If she can find someone who is kind to her, then I will find far fewer issues with him or her if she decides to date girls (which is okay). I just want somebody who will treat her well. If that can be met we are golden.

This answer is my answer, too. (I have two daughters.) Based on the shit I see every day from troll guys on this website alone, it's very difficult to not have a low opinion by default.

That said, I would be pissed off at my girls if they were careless with a boyfriend's heart, too.

• well they don't always but many do

i think it's a lot of reasons but i think it stems from one thing. men know that many men are pre-occupied with sex and so they are simply worried about the intentions of the guy with their daughter

• Because, until they are about 25 to 30 years old, most females will pick the most worthless piece of shit whom they can find and declare him to be the love of her life.
    This is known as the bad-boy phase.
    By the time that most women get to about 30, they look back at their choice of male company when they were younger and say something in the line of: WTF was I thinking?
    When females are young they cannot be told. Even when the problems with the young man are in the category of the bleeding obvious, the young female will respond with irrational rage, denial and being driven further into his arms.
    How do I know these things?
    Because I have seen it many times and I have lived through it with my own daughter.

• they immediately assume the worst.

why? I have no fucking idea, they don't even know the guy lol.

• No, but they are often very protective of them.

• "Daddy's little girl" - The same way all mothers like their son's girlfriends just one of these things that seem to happen but the BF/GF usually grows on them.

• Because those dads used to be the same age as their daughters' boyfriends. LOL

• He'll probably be scared of me because if my future daughter tells me she's got a boyfriend, I'm going to load my shotgun! When he comes over, I'll pretend I'm cleaning my guns!

• Its always a disturbing thought thinking their daughter is being banged by a certain dude...

• If he's a good enough guy, they don't. Granted, some fathers think no one is good enough for their princess at first, but after seeing the selection of young men out there, they wise up.

• I don't know why.. maybe because masculinity. I wouldn't allow my daughter to have boyfriend aswell, I'd just beat her boyfriend lol 😎

• Because we know our daughters are too good for those little pukes.

Plus we were all boys once and remember it well...

• Because he hates the idea of his baby getting fucked by some guy she met on the stret.

• Because those guys probably are temporary and just using their daughter for sex?

Yeah, When I am a father that boyfriend will get a lot of shit, and if he sticks around and shows honor and respect for my daughter, then i will show respect

• Because they know how irresponsible and pussydriven many young boys are.

• Amm, I guess they too much care for thier daughters and hence they just wanted to keep thier girl safe.
    Rest I have no idea.

• They just want the best. Still, doesn't mean they're always correct. I had a situation with a girl I fell for-her family completely misjudged me, filled her head with all kinds of garbage... hell, her mother said I'd kidnap her and kill her... tisk

• They love you and are being protective. They are men so they know how men work and they don't want you to be used or manipulated by other men.

• They don't want some guy to bail on their daughter and leave her sitting home with a swollen belly.

• Because men know what's inside men's minds.

• Because most women have terrible taste in men. Just look at this site.

• I don't get it either. It enforces the "entitled princess" shit.

• because fathers can't cope with their daughters being fucked.

• Because we know how guys are, we were 20yrs old.

• Because he knows that guy is finger bangin her, eatin her pussy, going balls deep and leaving the nuts hanging out and bustin nuts all over her.

And most likely sucking his dick and drinking up all his baby batter.

• cuz they know what's up..

• They only do when they're daughters date disappointing men.

• They don't, at least where I'm from.

• My dad liked the guy who eventually married my sister. They dont always.

I suspect Dads have a better sense of guys than the girls do.

• Because their boyfriends can fuck their daughtes. Accept or not , but males are superior to females.

I hope i will never have a daughter

their daughters' boydriends*

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 6

• They don't?
    My dad has never had much against my boyfriend (or guys I was with in the past). He now is quite fond of him.

• Because you're 20. This is going to last until you're older and with the guy you're going to marry. Even if you're with that guy now, your father is expecting him to grow up before giving you away to him.

• Because they worry that the guy will hurt this precious baby just like he, in his immaturity, once hurt some other daddy's girl. That's the outlook.

• Because men know what it's like inside a horny boys mind and your their babygirl and they don't want you getting hurt.

• Overprotective, she's their princess. Their love child, their special girl, etc. someone that belongs on a pedestal and if hurt the father will assasinate whoever hurt her. I wish my father lived long enough to see me date but alas he's not.

• Because he knows what its like to be a young horny guy.