Is it remotely possible for a man to fall for / date a young woman, 11 years younger?

For instance if he is 29 this year and she is turning 18 this year. What do you think are the possibilities? How would one know if there were feelings?

No childish answers.

37

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess it is possible. But if a 29 year old guy is dating a 18 year old girl then I would guess there would be some mental issues going on with him or he is just in it for the sex.

There should be a huge maturity difference between the two ages. And not to insult your maturity but, some women tend to have the "I'm so much more mature for my age" mentality which they let impair their vision of the relationship. And I'm not saying that some women aren't more mature, but to be a 11 years more mature is a little bit of a stretch. It could be possible that he is 11 years immature.

but then again things happen and sometimes those things work out. I just wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

• I agree. 18 is way too young to be getting involved with a man 11 years older. She's still a girl, not a woman. My girlfriend is younger than me by quite a bit, but she's almost 29 and definitely a woman with the accompanying maturity that a few more years adds

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 6

• It would be very difficult but it would all depend on the girl I guess. Most girls bellow their mid 20's have a lot of things to work through still. Things they don't tend to realize or want to accept when they are younger cause a lot of hassle. As a guy turning 29 this year, I can tell you that most girls bellow 23-25 are just seem way too immature. I would not rule it out, because I don't know your circumstances but in general it would be unlikely. I don't think its necessarily the age gap around 10-11 year would be the max in my mind, but just the fact that girls need to work through some issues when they are in their early 20's that help them transition into a woman. Trying to act mature will not hide the truth.

• Heh funny you should ask about exactly 11 years, that's how much older my sister's boyfriend is than her, and they're completely into each other. First kinda started "going out" or whatever when she was about 17 and he was 28. Now they're moved in together and still happy as clams. Though she's also *really* mature for her age, and their personalities just gelled perfectly, I'm not saying it would work out fine every time it just did for them.

• Well, to put it bluntly, it all depends on your maturity level. However, when your getting into a relationship with a younger girlfriend I think about whether we could connect and actually work. If the person is not mature enough or if I am working trying to make my way, I would want someone that was at the same stage. It all depends on where you are in your life and where he is in his life. As for feelings, your pretty young and it may be hard to see if someone that much older would be interested in someone that young/at that stage in their life. I mean your just getting out of High school and he is probably working full time somewhere. I don't think that these relationships work that well in my opinion, but there is nothing wrong with trying if you think you have a connection. If it is just a crush though and he doesn't give you any sign that he is interested I would leave well enough alone.

• i think it would be dangerous for the girl. I think he'd have her wrapped around his finger, could do anything to her, and possibility dump her leaving her feeling like a piece of sh*t.

i know because I know a lot of guys in this situation, and they tell me everything behind her back. "she's just a child, she goes way out of her way for me, I stay with her because 'm afraid to hurt her"

and then she goes around thinking "i'm very mature for my age" but you can tell by her competitive actions that she's very naive.

good luck, my best advice would be to stop worrying so much, stop thinking a long the lines of "how do I get this guy to love me", it's okay to want him to love you, but you got to be confident that he just will. focus on what you want out of life, instead of constantly thinking about how you're going to capture this man.

• yest it can and sometimes does happen, but a lot of what if's will creep into her mind if she is not secure with him. you know like what if I dated other guy, what would that have been like? different men different flavors, I should clubbed more, blah blah blah, the whole grass seems greener on the other side.

• i think it is possible ideal is 7 years younger there are so many health benefits for the man this is a little young. I think 24 and 35 would be better

What Girls Said 3

• Yep, its possible for someone older to fall for someone younger and visa versa.

The possibilities depend on the two people involved. Age gap relationships, especially when it seems larger, like on of them is in their teens come across all kinds of difficulties...from all manner of things, outside influences, well meaning friends and family and of course the couples own worries and insecurities.

Age difference relationships have to have a lot in common in the first place because of such prejudices from others.

I don't know about the longevity of such a relationship because I know how much I changed as a person from the age of 18 to who I am now.

If the two people are in it for all the right reasons, then I think there is nothing wrong with it.

And wish you/them all the luck in the world :o)

• it possibly and most likely means his maturity level is close to an 18 year old or he's like someone said, just in it for sex which is very true. because the younger girls are, the easier to manipulate and lie to them. although there are exceptions, but the guy is probably just after sex.

• slim to none, to be honest. a girl who is turning 18 this year. so basically a 17 year old who is most likely a senior in HS or just graduated. what grown man would realistically be interested in her for more than a piece of ass? they're at 2 different stages in life. a 29 year old guy has probably graduated college and is getting established in his career. nothing in common. I'm not saying its 100% impossible but don't bet on it.