Is a guy that is saving himself for marriage a turn off?

I feel like I missed out on being able to pursue a relationship with girls when they found out I wouldn't do certain things. Tim Tebow had a good relationship going one time and the girl left him because he wouldn't have sex with her. So ladies feed back please.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is about values on both sides... if the person cares about you they will respect you and your wishes... using Tim Tebow as an example is a good way to put this in perspective... he kneels in the end zone and the NFL is all over him, others kneel during the National Anthem and look what happens... so going back to what you ask... No it is not a turn off for those who value the same thing... there are others who would never marry you or go any further with you without sleeping with you first... it is like some want to know " the total package" of what they are getting... others, that is not important... it is all in THE VIEW of the person... sorry so long hope it makes sense

What Girls Said 17

• It would be for me because I didn't personally wait for marriage to have sex and I don't think that it's valuable or important to do so. I don't want to wait years in a relationship before we can be sexually intimate and I don't want to end up married to someone that I'm totally sexually incompatible with.

• Let's put it this way... it's not a turn off... to the right woman. If you are set on maintaining your virgin status until marriage, why would you want to be with a woman who isn't willing to respect that. There isn't anything wrong with her for not wanting that, and there is equally nothing wrong with you for wanting what you want, you just both need to find the right people whom you are compatible with.

• No. It's not a turn-off. Quite frankly, whoever you're dating you'll spend more time doing other stuff and living life than trying to sleep with each other. Broaden your dating pool.

• I'd like it. I feel weirdly jealous of my future husband's past partners. I know it's irrational, but it's probably just because I'm a virgin and waiting so he can be my first, last, and only. So I feel like it's unfair that I can't be his only.

• Not at all for the right person! Marriage is all about sharing the similar morals, values and beliefs so finding a lady who appreciates your conviction.
    Personally it wasn't for me, so I found someone who felt that way also 😊

• For me it's a neutral since I was saving myself up to a certain point where I started to doubt the whole marriage thing. I think that you need to find a girl who is on the same page as you, and to not wait too long before getting married. I don't mean marry in 6 months but don't wait more than 3 years because she'll get frustrated and resent you.

• I think thats admirable!!

Wow I don't know ANY guys like this.

• It's not a turn off to me, I will still love him and wait, I don't date guys for sex anyway.

• I don't think it's a turn off. I respect it.

• For me, no. I am too! ♡

• Hey! The only thing wrong with it is if you have a problem with it. In my opinion, i think its kind of sweet. You want to find the right girl. CM Punk was straight edge and waited along with his wife.

CM Punk also got his ass beat recently and was paid 500K to do it (I'm a former pro fighter and the favoritism really pissed me off).

Plus at least he escaped the horror of WWE

I have a MMA record of 9-2 and I never got a invitation to the UFC to get paid 500K. I can tell you right now that I'm much more skilled and overall trained much harder than CM Punk ever did. There were several guys on the undercard who were getting paid peanuts compared to CM Punk.

I get it that CM Punk's name sold tons of tickets (making the UFC tons of revenue) but for guys who train their entire lives just to see the UFC put on cheap entertainment is very infuriating. The UFC is supposed to be a major league sport and above this cheap thrill bullshit. They really don't need the money. The sad part is the mainstream doesn't understand this (including yourself).

• For me yeah, kinda.

• I think it's stupid, but not a turn off.

• Yes, it can be. Mostly because I'll assume you're super religious and obviously don't even understand how marriage worked back then. Basically we probably wouldn't get on. Also the super religious types tend to be hypocrites.

So your saying I'm a hypocrite?

see? this is the shit i''m talking about you're getting all hype up because someone made a statement you didn't like. get over it man better yourself. don't let someone else's interpretations of a book that's been translated from it's original text into an incompatible language rule your world. Look deeper. If you missed out its fine whatever but the most important thing is that you're happy and healthy and if you don't believe that than it's hopeless.

I was just asking a question. I just want to know what your interpretation of marriage in the old days as you call is.

• For me, yes

• it's not a turn off. I wish my boyfriend had saved himself. it hurts so bad thinking that he fucked other girls and I saved myself for no reason at all apparently

As long as he's not fucking other girls while you're dating him, what is the diff?

Unlike girls, most guys aren't constantly comparing their current girlfriend to past lovers.

Yes I know exactly what you mean. I'm waiting and I'm super worried that it won't even matter because I'll end up just being one of who knows how many girls anyways. And yeah I compare myself to them too and I know it's unhealthy but I can't stop. It's like poison in my mind. I can't forget the heartbreaking thought of him with someone else.

• Depends on how long he plans to wait. In my 20's I was fine with it. In my 30's it seemed like a less noble idea, and I was more anxious to get down to business. Now that I am in my 40's that only sounds like a good plan for teenagers who plan on getting married right after graduating from college. Anything longer than that, and life is just passing you by.

What Guys Said 7

• For a guy to live by such a rule, first thing that pops to mind in girls is "he probably sucks in bed". No offense to you but, is your libido non existent. Some guys can't go two days without sexual release..

• Yes, for the most part. Find yourself a religious girl.

• I think it is a mutual thing - If both partners are agreeable, it is a very good thing

• Dude, don't save yourself for marriage. You wanna be good at sex before you meet the right girl. Find some chicks to practice on. This might be good advice.

• Well, in my experience, I haven't delt with it as a turn off.
    I'm saving myself for marriage and I look for a girl who does the same.

• I am 28 and saving myself till marriage 😊

• I know where you are coming from. I was raised with Christian beliefs and I've had the idea of saving myself for marriage. However I have had so many painful, horrible experiences of being rejected for being too "nice" that saving myself would be the purest form of this.

I consistently have sex with my beautiful young girlfriend. It's fun, but a part of me feels guilty.