Who do you think has it easier when it comes to dating, men or women?

Just interested in your answers and experiences. I've only had about 3 dates over the last 2 years (I really cannot be bothered talking women anymore , bit of introvert and shy) don't consider myself bad looking (but ain't no Brad Pitt either ). It seems that girls just hhave to sit there and pick from the flock.

• MEN
  • WOMEN

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Women do. There is no burden on them to approach. Women send signals to get approached, and pick and choose the options that come to them.

The main disadvantage that women have when it comes to dating... is the burden of choice. Because unless she was raped, she has ALL THE FINAL SAY on any dating or sexual progression of the arrangement... and most importantly, the guy she does all the above with.

So if the woman gets with the wrong man, it is ALL HER FAULT because she CHOSE him out of all the options. Any negative outcome of that arrangement is all on her, because she rejected other men to have that one, and she fucked up and has to burden that blame of a bad choice.

With a man, since we have to pursue and be accepted or rejected, the "I got the best I could" type of reasoning can be used.

There are so many things wrong with this. I'm sorry you have such a skewed perception of relationships.

@snowangle this is the typical traditional approach... men pursue, women pick their suitor

What Girls Said 30

• Who do you think has it easier when it comes to dating, men or women?
    C. Neither

In my opinion desirable people have it easier because they are more likely to be appealing to those they want. Dating is about reciprocation so to me who is more likely to get who they want has it easier. Having a vagina doesn't mean you have it easier to find a guy you want who wants you and the same thing you want. Having a vagina generally seems to mean a lot of dicks wanting to stick it in.

Ease is not based on quantity but quantity of mutual reciprocation. A lot of options doesn't make dating easier when they are unwanted. In my opinion any hetero guy that disagrees can go to a gay nightclub and announce he is willing to suck any dick and take it up the ass from anyone. That way he can see that unwanted options from guys you don't want to date/fuck doesn't make dating easier.

• Women have it easier... as u typed we can pick and choose..

do an experiment get a picture of a female friend with her permission of course and upload it to a dating site.. within minutes she will be blasted by messages...

men no matter how good they look will be lucky if they get a message a day by a genuine woman, other times it be by bots promoting websites..

Sad world really.. a guy will spend all day tryin to get a girls attention to just be ignored...

my advice, if a girl chooses to ignore u then she ain't worth ur time.. I chat to everyone because I'm not on for pretty pictures... a man who gets my attention don't need a picture but needs something for me to reply back to.. something that will make me laugh and want to answer back to him... one guy was like hey smelly bum.. rather than the usual lickarse of hi beautiful *rolls eyes*

U need to think outside the box to get a woman's attention.. don't be a mass of expectations.. don't stroke women's egos to get their attention.. how u do it is up to u..
    Be clever
    Be witty
    Be urself..

@Brokenheartedx Let's just skip the moral struggles. I know and have seen enough about prostitution and sex slavery to last me a life time. Guilt tripping will not work.

I won't get involved with any such women (yes, I know how to recognize them). Why? Because I won't add to the problems they already have, but I'm not the guy with a cape and a big S on my chest that hurries to everybody's rescue, either.

For all intents and purposes, I won't even address the women as sluts that are Forced into it, rather victims. On the other hand, any woman that doesn't fall into said category is simply touched in the head, therefore deserves no pity and no respect for the poor choices she makes, a slut. Whatever, she likes sex, I like sex. Great.

I definitely agree with what you said about the women that are "beyond my imagination". I won't agree that every sl.. I mean promiscous gold miner is beyond my imagination. Using them is not an issue. They deem themselves property of the local community.

I especially love your comment about me better not having daughters. Impulsive, but funny, so thanks for that :)

• Attractive people.
    If you would have asked about getting sex it's clearly women because most men are sluts but when it comes to dating? Pretty equally shitty if you're either shy or unattractive lol

• Men have no idea how long it takes for girls to get ready for a date. I have to wash my hair, shave, put make up on, and choose a cute outfit. Guys have it much easier.

Guys are usually still expected to ask the girl, pay, and often drive. That gets $$$

I think we should get specific. Guys have a harder time getting a date, girls have a harder time maintaining a good date.

As for your response to watercolor_lions, at least you are getting paid on that date rather than losing money on it, especially if there isn't a 2nd date.

And it seems women have no idea how hard it is for men to actually get a date...

• Neither. Men can have a harder time finding someone at all, where women have a harder time finding someone who isn't just using them for sex.

Oh boo hoo.

@Gommers Let's go with all of the above. I mean, only a genuine troll or a-hole would pick on someone with a disability. I'll let you pick in order to fulfill your dream of being cruel on the internet. Hopefully it'll help you sleep better at night.

@Botchie No reasonable person would ever reproduce with the mentally disabled. I also don't associate with the mentally unfit, consider yourself unofficially blocked.

• Dating sucks for everyone

• Women have it easier since most men make an attempt to approach. Women normally never approach and tend to get scared away easily. That makes it so men can't wait around to be asked out by.

In a long term relationship, nobody has it easier. Most end up in a one sided tug of war. Where one is pulling all they can to make it work. While the other is just standing there, not making an effort to make things work.

For me if someone isn't doing everything they possibly can or fight their way to be with someone. They shouldn't bother dating until someone makes them feel that strongly.

• Both but in different ways...

• I think it's as hard or easy as you make it, no matter who you are, and I also think it has less to do with whether you're a man or a woman and more to do with how interested you are and how interested they are. When things are pretty mutual, things just flow, but when they aren't mutual, when one person's interest is higher than the other, it gets tricky for one of you.

• It really depends on how attractive a person is. Although maybe a prettier woman will have an easier time over an attractive guy.

As someone who is ugly, I find it's harder as an ugly woman. I've never been asked out ever. When guys find out I am interested, they act like it's a bad thing. It's like they think I am gross or something. I'm thin, but my face isn't attractive. I've basically given up. At my age, I feel it's probably too late.

Never give up. 30 is still young and I believe there is someone for everyone. Have you tried dating sites?

I'm slightly better than I was in my teenage years.. I was ugly... I was skinny I wor thick glasses and had red frizzy hair...
      Straightened hair and got contact lenses n just marginally better... I kno what u mean.. people to ashamed to know you as a person... it's the worst feelin.. feelin inferior to others..
      there is something nice about you You have to find it though and project it... who cares what other people think? I've learned I'll never be good enough Becos it's been told all my life.. but I'll make do with what I've got and to hell with everyone else.. they don't pay my bills in my life... please think that way and leave the nasty people where they belong

• It may be easier to get a date from the flock as a chick but the flock ain't that appealing either.

It's not about quantity it's about quality and there ain't much quality these days!

Your right to not be bothered dude, not missing out on much. Go enjoy time with your buddies n family. Save spending your money on pointless dates and people. Use it to buy yourself something or do something!!

• If it has a pussy then there's hope

• I think men have it easier. Most men are attractive when they just don't have pimples (which is easier when you don't wear make-up and are hygienic), don't have a too ugly face or oo ugly hair, and aren't short.

Women are given a full list of things.
    Have to be skinny, but a big ass and big boobs.
    Have to have pretty long hair
    Be beautiful without make-up
    Have to have a pretty face
    Have to be kind
    Have to be kind of a follower, otherwise it's seen as a manly trait when it's bot being 'cute and sassy/feisty'

• Both have it equally I believe. Sure, guys tend to go up to girls more than the other way around, but if you're not a terribly attractive girl, most guys won't even bother with you in the first place.

• Men just by the simple fact that I think they have more options than women do. I noticed that women are willing to bend their standards and expectations way more than men are so women will commit to a guy a lot quicker than a guy will commit to her.

• Young women and older men.

• Women have to deal with creepers all the time and sometimes they'll call you a bitch or spread rumors about you if you reject them. Guy don't know how to flirt subtly either they always have to grab and poke and tickle and it's awkward as fuck! it's like they think if tickling makes you laugh then you don't really mean it when you say stop.

Then when you start dating a guy all the assholes make jokes and want to fight your boyfriend. It's like Jesus what part of "I don't like you" don't you get?

Most guys are dicks and they making dating really hard for us.

• Actually, it is hard being the female in dating. A female knows the guy is the one who naturally pursues so she has to sit and wait for who pursues her and yes she may pick from who is pursuing her but if she picks the wrong one and he at some point chooses not to pursue, she is left having to move on. A woman has to wait for the man to show full interest and sometimes it's the wrong one in her opinion or the right one in her opinion doesn't pursue enough. I guess when people start thinking in terms of serious relationships it gets harder but it happens all the time, people meet, enjoy each other the same amount and get married. So if you are a guy, and you feel she is the one don't hold back or treat her bad, because if you don't pursue she might just move on.

• women generally, unless the demographics favor males

• Men... there are plenty of women sharing and fighting over men...

• Both have it hard but for different reasons.

• It's kind of interesting to see men and women's opinions and percentages.. we have such a different perspective.

yeah I was thinking the same thing, the women, seem to be split fairly evenly, but a huge majority of men think women have it easier. (at least when i saw it)

• Girls don't just "sit there", they have to do their appearance, wear makeup, shave etc

So do men xD
      Apart from makeup obviously haha

@anonman32 men age like fine wine 😎 we tend to look distinguished

@Mrwoo99 depends on the guy. Some end up looking like fat, lazy slobs with faces that look like they smoked their whole life.

• Not all girls have tons of guys to pick from...

• OMG 100+ men ahahahahahahha

• both

• Disagree. The guys might initiate it at first but they get bored incredibly easy. If you want it to go further then flirting, I find the girls have to do the work.

• I think men have it easier because nobody thinks bad of them if they take initiative in any way. If a guy get's turned down, it's expected. If a guy rusely asks for sex, he's 'just a guy'. If a girl asks someone out fruitlessly, or if a girl has multiple partners, she's either desperate or a slut or both.

I think women have it easier since they look so beautiful.

@ADFSDF1996 not all women are beautiful, and not everyone thinks that. Straight women mostly think guys look more attractive.

• Neither. Depends on the person. Desperate people with no standards will be able to get somebody tomorrow, male or female. People with normal standards will find it a little more difficult and people with very high standards will find it much more difficult.
    Not everybody will just settle with just anyone, and that's the only people that can find somebody literally whenever they want.

whats a standard i wanna hear this?

@skeptic002 ok then. That's nice.

that's is not my standard
      its different

• Depends on how attractive you are. Not all guys or girls are looking for the same thing. Its easier to get laid for girls, than to get into a meaningful relationship.

What Guys Said 54

• It's obviously men. Is it easier to have fish jump into your boat or to fish for them? You can stare at all those fish and go, "Damn. None of them are salmon. I really wanted salmon. Awwww man, and I have to walk ALL the way over there and throw them back?" But there's a shitload of guys risking their lives and drowning and shit trying to catch just one fish.

I think the difference here is that women have a higher threshold for fulfillment due to inflated female value--which is a new thing, with the advent of women in the workplace, obtaining social value the way that men always have and no longer can to the extent that they did; so, now, men receive less social value for various forms of employment, making women view them as subpar.

I went ahead of myself. Women have natural social value. Their lives matter, simply for existing. This is untrue with males.

Male lives do not matter to society, unless the male can prove that he has more worth to society alive than dead. (might be part of the reason males commit suicide so much more often than women. Feelings of "I am useless to society; society doesn't care about me."

E. g. Bill Gates has more than proved that he has tremendous value to society. Through ambition, innovation and employment, Bill Gates developed high social value. However, now that women also work, women obtain not only their default social value for having ovaries; they also obtain social value that was only males' before. Meaning, women get double value. So, they see men as half as valuable as in the past. I just threw out half. They see them as less valuable.

OkCupid is an example of this, where women rated 85% of men as less than average attractiveness. Either lots of ugly men on OkCupid, or female expectations are very high.

Ugly women have it the worst. At least ugly men can gain social value at some point, but ugly women are pretty much fucked. And not in the good way.

But as a whole? It is clearly men who have the shitty end of the deal in dating.

• Whoever has to pursue has it harder (in our society, men), and whoever chooses to accept/reject has it easier (in our society, women).

Some women claim that they have it harder, because they only get asked out by undesirable men, and they are unable to pursue the men they like. This is false. In fact, women are encouraged to pursue because it makes it easier for us men, and they STILL have the option to just stay back and judge. Men do not have this option. If we do not pursue, then we have no means of finding a relationship, because not enough women choose to pursue.

The difference between men and women is that women have two options, while men only have one.

• I do think it is probably equal - The reasons are different but when you compare them, they probably create an equal amount of difficulty.

• Well generally speaking, men tend to pursue women but tend to want just sex more often than women. Also, just because a guy shows initial interest (he knows he pretty much has to) doesn't mean he is really interested in her. A lot of girls probably feel prideful about the attention, but that's the way society is set up. If I talked to a girl based on how she looks, it'd be very unlikely I'd like her personality beyond something platonic tbh. They would feel that initial ego boost though which guys don't experience.

• Women have to date *men*.
    Men have to jump through 5000 hoops.

Both ultimately lead to disappointment and dismay. And then outright depression.

Going through the depression hard core right now :/

@Botchie I wish I could say that it would be alright, haha. One can only just keep going, and leave the rest to itself!

• I don't know who "has it better". All I know is my own personal experience, which hasn't been half bad.

It's easier for girls to find dates, I'm sure. It's also harder to weed through all the vapid manwhores sending cockpicks, too.

• If you can't be bothered to talk to women you certainly can't expect to meet a girlfriend. If you are waiting for a woman you would want to date to ask you, you are probably going to wait a long time.

Anyway, I voted that guys have it easier because dating for a guy is pretty much no risk. There's almost zero chance that a woman is going to become obsessed and stalk a guy. Women have to be very careful that they don't somehow encourage some crazy guy who refuses to go away, or just don't get assaulted on a date.

• When it comes to getting laid and having possible interests to choose from - definitely women by the nature of things that men are the ones who have to put active effort and women control the supply.
    When it comes to finding a partner for life it's equally difficult for both.

Also I am surprised how many spoiled princesses here think women men have it easier, lol. It's as obvious as it gets that the sexual market is in women's favour. Self-insight and humbleness are great attributes to have.

• Women have a much easier time getting sex and getting dates.

Men have a harder time getting sex and dates but once they actually attract a girl, they have an easier time getting her to stick around.

• Easier how? Whoever said you have to concern yourself with the girls that just "sit there" and pick from the flock in the first place?

You people have this (unhealthy) obsession with making dating a game and all these bad experiences ensue and a bunch of nitwitted guys cry us a river about how women are a bunch of bitches and blaah blaah blaah. Likewise a bunch of silly girls complain how all men want is sex and... blah blah blah.

You are not in control of your shit, hence your current situation. Change your attitude about how you approach dating.

• I believe women have an easier time. Here me out: Men are usually the ones that have to ask the woman out, face the rejection, pay for the date, make it interesting enough, etc. Sure women have to frump up and get ready but that really pales in comparison to all the stuff the guy has to do.
    I get rejected enough to understand that it is harder on men. Not once has a woman asked me.

• The answer is neither. Now sit down with some popcorn and allow me to answer/explain for both men and women.

Both men and women want each other, but they want each other in different way. Women don't want to have to approach a man, they want the man to come to them. In addition, they want their man to NOT be a player and be able to connect with them. The type of connection will vary from girl to girl. Some look for one feature and other will look for another. Due to these reasons, girls have a hard time finding the right guy.

All men will go after ass and titties. Some will go after ass, titties, and the right personality. Girls will either accept or reject which will make it tough for the guy.

• "Being an ugly woman is like being a man, you're going to have to work"

• I voted women but it really depends on how you look at it I think. Women definitely get asked on more dates and asked for sex more without having to do much, which is the sole reason I said it's easier for women. I definitely see what you're saying, but the chances that any of the guys coming up to women are what they're looking for. It sees like the majority of this attention is from guys who don't have anything in common with them and just have physical attraction to them and unless she has serious physical attraction to him, then it's not what she is looking for.

But really, there are an equal amount of men and women so everyone has an equal amount of "options"

• Women
    They literally don't have to do ANYTHING.

The man asks her out.
    The man decides where to go.
    The man picks her up.
    The man pays for the meal.
    The man drops her off.
    The man calls her up to setup another date.
    The man asks for her hand in marriage.
    The man sets up the wedding.

Nowadays women don't even cook. I constantly wonder why people bother dating in modern relationships.

• Dating? I think the women do
    But to find the right one is equally hard for both of us

• In general, girls do. But their difficulty is getting the guy to call them back. Same area of life, but different kind of problem.

That said. As guys we tend to have more choice, because girls want to be approached by the guy rather than them approach you. You're more open to rejection, but you're also not sitting back and only accepting the options that come to you. You branch out. I like that position.

• Lmao 50 fucking women said men? are you shitting me? are girls taking a dive into the deep end of self pity?

• Women.

Is your next question going to be "Is water still wet?"

• Women have it by far easier. I have been turned down sooooooooo often that I just stopped asking at all. Women have the power to decide whether or not the guy gets the date.

• Nobody really. Just because you think women are out getting fucked mercilessly doesn't mean they're getting the commitment they want.

Men face rejection on the front end and women face rejection on the back end, after sex.
    -Patrice O'Neal

• Before 30, women. After 30, men.

• I think woman because they generally get more interest and so they have a wider choice of guys who do have interest :D

• Women when they are younger and ath their peak of fertility (18-25). It will tend to even out as women get older as women get closer to the WALL. Beware of the ones close to 30 (aka BABY RABIES - RUNNNNNNN!)

• Answer is obvious.

• I would say if you're an attractive woman you have it the easiest but an unattractive woman has it the hardest whereas guys fall in the middle it's the sad truth

• Women, because men are expected to intiate the dating process and women are usually the choosers in most situation

• The fact that even 44% of women say its easier for women is telling

• Hard to say. Men tend to have a hard time making the first move, and women seem to always be waiting for a man to do it.

• It is women because men are always expected to maintain chivalry, do whatever the women want and are always in the wrong. Only half of women accept this though looking at the polls they think it is all about them, another reason why they have it easier.

• More from Guys
    24