Have you ever rejected someone because you hadn't moved on from your last relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been on the receiving end where a girl used me as a rebound and ditched me without explanation and either went to the ex or someone they thought was better. It hurt like hell.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, a guy asked me out two days after I ended an emotionally abusive relationship. I told him I needed awhile and he asked me again the following week. I went on the date to get my ex out of my head, but didn't really like the guy. So I told him in just not ready yet. He kinda bugged me for awhile but got the point when I rudely told him no. I'm happy I said no because he really creeps me out.

I had remaining feelings for my ex 3 months later but they completely faded the day I met my current boyfriend. I think in the end it's just a game of Russian roulette.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes and no. I have never rejected someone I really liked, but I have rejected someone I wasn't sure about yet.

If the right person comes into your life, your heart gets fixed pretty fast

• Had someone rejecting me for that reason.

• I plead guilty but I invoke statute of limitations. Thus I ask you to dismiss my case.
    ;)

• Yes i have rejected women/ girls cause i wasn't over my ex-girlfriend.
    Mainly cause i was still depress over my ex-girlfriend.

• NOPE!! hell sometimes i accept them even before im done with my current relationship lol

What Girls Said 7

• A guy did that to me, though he said he wanted to start new, there were obvious signs he regretted breaking up w/his ex. I think its mean to do that to someone, unless you are both looking for a hook up. My suggestion is do not date until you are fully over your ex and ready to share your life w/another person. I know months after my break up, I was not ready for another relationship, so I didn't pursue one. I am very happy that I moved on from my ex w/out a rebound.

• No , because I move on as soon as a relationship ends

• Not really... well kinda but one ages ago I found out a guy I rejected because I thought he was just being an arse to me cause he was one if the cool, popular kids actually genuinely liked me... i feel so bad

• Yes. And Im finding out now, that it was a bad idea :(

Why do you think it was a bad idea?

Curious too? Why is it such a bad idea?

@yucel_eden i told him i wasn't ready and he understood. I went up and visited him on the weekend and he kissed me and we ended up having sex. When i got home i went him a text saying i really like him (i think I've moved on at this point) and that my only problems were that he doesn't have a vehicle (i was a taxi in my last relationship so being able to drive is a major thing for me) and that he needs more ambition. Go to school or get a better job (hes 30 and works in fast food). He said those are the things that make me better than him and maybe when he gets his shit together we can date. I think i friend zoned myself :(

• Yes ! I have rejected a wonderful guy. He is very sweet and caring unlike my ex. THe main reason i rejected him bc i felt he deserve a great girl and if i get intp one it will be a rebound for me. I wanted to move on and yeah i rejected him. it's been 4 months and that proposal is still lingering in my head.

• Yes. I don't think it's fair to the new person if my heart's not in it.

• Yeap. I don't make someone a band aid. If it still hurts, I need to deal with it by myself