My boyfriend told me he is broke because of me? Am I expensive?

So I like eating at expensive restaurants. My plate costs around $15 and plus a drink.

He also took me clothes shopping once and I took advantage since he makes good money. I Spent over $800 in that one day on clothes and make up.

We also eat out almost every weekend.

He told me I was draining his wallet and then told me he was kidding.

I just don't see any point in him if he decides not to spend money on me anymore. I like to be treated like a queen when I'm dating. Should I break up with him? I couldn't believe he said that. We have been going out for 5 months.

1mo To everyone who called me a gold digger:
1. I fell in love with him way before I knew he had money.
2. He offered to buy me whatever I wanted. I didn't force him to
3. He disrespected me by saying I was hurting his wallet even if it's true he should keep it to himself.
4. I am not a gold digger.
5. I'm a nice person but I like to have good things.

Most Helpful Girl

• Save the "D" Day by Staying home with a Pizza that's 10 Bucks, and Get More on the Same Page, no Rage, with your SO. You both Need bonding, Not... Buying.
    Good luck and This advice is Free of Charge. xx

*He is definitely an Enabler to allow you to spend. However, he is now putting down his foot and being Honest with you. You C an either heed to it or walk away and vote for someone like a Trump Card who is Made of Money and a heck of a Good guy, who allows some things but not everything. It's called "Compromise."xxoo

Yes, and as a Master, Welcome to Gag Town.
      "Good Luck" is what I add to Everyone's piece of advice with "xxoo"

Thank you so much for the vote of Confidence, and for being a Great new Gag girl. xxoo

What Guys Said 40

• You are a gold digger. If you only care about him while he is spending money on you then he deserves someone MUCH better than you.

Update: You bled this poor guy dry and the moment he ever suggests that you ease up on him, you want to dump him. That is not love. I hope someday you do find real love, and I hope you let him go so that he can find it too.

Asking you to not go crazy when he offers to buy you something is not disrespectful, especially give you track record.

You took financial advantage of his feeling for you = Gold Digger

You have good things that someone else bought = Gold Digger

• 3|1
  • well you may be part of the problem but he also doesn't HAVE to spend the money. he could simply but his foot down and explain that he isn't going to drop $800 on clothes or go out for meals every weekend.

are you asking if you should break up with him because he is broke and can't spend money on you? I think you need to re-evaluate what is important in relationships otherwise you are going to find that you push many potentially great guys away

if you love him can't you be happy with that love and his treatment of you rather than needing him to spend lavishly on you. i didn't call you a gold digger but statements like, "I just don't see any point in him if he decides not to spend money on me anymore." would support those who may suggest you are... essentially it sounds like you are saying he isn't worth being with if he isn't willing to continue spending money no you even if it means he goes broke

• $800 on clothes in one day, yeah I doubt he's kidding. Enjoy being a gold digger until 30-40ish maybe.

Haha oh you're not a gold digger?
      "I just don't see any point in him if he decides not to spend money on me anymore."
      You're a piece of shit and you should feel like shit. You're literally with him for money.

• Yea, the eating out is fine but 800 in one night on clothes? I mean is that a regular occurrence?

That's gluttony. If you really care about him at all you'll stop making him spend that much on you all the time because I'm amazed you could even find someone your age with that kind of money

• This is a joke right? Like this can't be real hahah

10/10 Troll, well played, well played indeed...

• I remember breaking up with a girl who had the same attitude - she even jokingly asked how my bank account was doing halfway through our third date. She had not contributed anything apart from showing up, and was also making me wait for sex. With that comment I realized I was being lead up the garden path.

• Gold Digger ! worst than cancer !

• This made my wallet cry

• hmm see this is weird to me.. mostly its the woman who spends money on me lol! but ya thats not expensive for dinner and $800 ain't bad if its not the norm... That being said! you is a gold digga which ain't a awful thing you just need to work at making it look like your not =P

P. S. you seem to be worth it =P

• You're not attractive enough to spend that much money on.

• Do him a favor and break up with him, also pay him back the $800 you wasted.

• 800 holy crap. You really let yourself go then.
    If it really is draining he shouldn't spoil you as much when shopping, and when eating out each pays their own meal? Or just don't go out to eat everytime

• This my friends, is a gold digger. Yeah, u go ahead and dump him in the trash because he can't afford to pay your salary. Do him a favour and break up with him u soul sucking bitch

• Hahahaha new level of gold digger... Take you entitled asshole somewhere else please... And you breaking up with anyone in this whole world is only gonna be a good thing for the person who will be dumped by you. So please fuck off

• "I ain't saying she's a gold digger..."

Wait, yes I am.

And $15 for a meal is cheap.

• Hmm, and what does he get in return?

• I like women like you.

Fuck and dump, completely guilt free. :D

• You should date an older guy like forty or so.

• Are you joking I mean are you trolling like this can't be real $800 on clothes and make up in one day like just forget about the $15 plate, like yes he's broke because of you.

• Grow up and act your age you sad sap. If this is true you are a gold digger and a selfish waste of space. I doubt that it is true, but either way you are a waste of space.

Please read the update because you CLEARLY don't understand what's going on

• The guy is an idiot, send him this link heartiste.wordpress.com/.../

• How about get a job, then you can treat yourself.

I really dislike gold diggers...

• You're a troll using a fake pic.

• maybe you could just be a little less of a gold digger if you want to keep him

• If it isn't real its funny, but if its real it is even more funnier. You asked us am i expensive and you answerd yourself. If i was him. I wouldn't spoil you and tell to you, if you want to contiue like this it won't work etc.

• You must be great at sex... Some alien shit huh?

• U should date a millionaire

• CHEAP!

• Typical princess syndrome. Im amazed he's still with you honestly. Lmao at point number 3!!! Hence my comment LOL

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 23

• You should definitely break up with him. Definitely.

Then you should get a job and buy your own damn $15 meal. What kind of person spends $800 of someone else's money when you've been dating for 5 months? He's an idiot for allowing it, but it's disgusting you accepted it. Prostitutes accept less. Grow up

• if he were your husband, i'd say this is okay. but this is a guy you've known for 5 months... you are 1) extremely high-maintenance, and 2) a gold-digger.

any sane guy should stay far, far away if he has any self-respect, since you are clearly using him for his money. so yes, break up with him; he deserves better.

• To me it sounds like your expectations aren't matched for him if he says you're 'draining his wallet'.
    Both of you will be better off without each other.

• Poor guy llol

• Oh god I feel so sorry for you. Date someone who is willing to accommodate your needs not be a bitch about it.

• Okay, well, first, $15 is not an expensive restaurant. That's like... a meal at Olive Garden with an appetizer so... yeah.

Second, I'm having a hard time believing that an 18 year old has a girlfriend who spends $800 of his cash on herself and let's it happen. This sounds like a troll question.

And if it's not a troll question, I surprised he hasn't dumped you yet. You sound selfish, spoiled, and entitled, and you want to be treated like a queen with an attitude of a peasant and it's not cute.

He's 24

@Ellarra If you ask me she's a prime example of a self conceited, trumped up, gold digging little bitch, who grabs absolutely everything she can get, then dumps the poor b*****d when she knows there's nothing left, and then moves on to the next poor sucker.

• $800? Or someone else's money? 5 months?

Put it this way love. For our one year anniversary I was upset my boyfriend spent £50 on me.

You clearly don't care about him as a person so break up with him and find a nice old man who you can drain every penny for. Why bother working yourself or spending your own money? It would make you poor!

• Wow materialistic bitch.

Do you still live at home? Do you have a job? Don't go spending other peoples money until you understand how much effort it takes to earn it. He must be doing really well and you don't appreciate it, you abuse it. I work and study and barely make enough to live in a house with 2 other friends where I'm paying far less rent than them. Sometimes I can't even afford to have lunch usually if I need new clothes I have to make a sacrifice on food or on something else. Just grow up holy shit.

It's not materialistic to want to look nice

It is if you expect someone else to pay for it.

It is if you expect someone else to pay for it

• I hope he dumps you, that's fucked up. He spent $800 on you alone with clothes and Makeup and you want to break up with him? It's no wonder men don't want to date women today, because of little bitches like you. You good for nothing good digging whore. #sorrynotsorry

GOLD*****

No I wouldn't but the way you're talking like the world is revolving around you when it isn't.

When did I say the world revolves around me?

• Don't you ever pay?

That's exactly what I have been trying to find out from this gold digging bitch.

@Kaylyne

We'll considering she said she doesn't see any point on dating him if he doesn't spend money on her... I'm guessing no. Wtf? Why would anyone want to date someone if they're not actually attracted to them?

I never said I wasn't attracted to him. I don't pay because I'm saving for a car. He has a good pay job already and it doesn't hurt him to spend money every now and then on me

• This sounds like a guy trolling

• You spent over $800 dollars of someone else's money on clothes? You really need to take a good look at yourself and think about what you see.

"2. He offered to buy me whatever I wanted. I didn't force him to "
      No one forced you to spend $800 either.

"3. He disrespected me by saying I was hurting his wallet even if it's true he should keep it to himself. "
      How on earth is that disrespecting you?

"5. I'm a nice person but I like to have good things."
      Then buy them with your own money. What gives you the right to expect that he'll buy them for you?

• WHAT THE FUCK?
    Who spends $800 on clothing and makeup?
    He better dump you materialistic gold digging ass!
    jesus christ!
    do you even work?

• Yes you are, Your also incredibly selfish. You literally just said that he is of "no use" to you unless he spends money on your. You are the exact definition of a gold digger... Really and truly I just find it sad. You need to learn how to stop being so materialistic there are so many bigger things in this world than you.

• You sound like a great person to be around, OP.

• Perhaps you should have some self respect and your boyfriend should grow some balls.

• Yes break up with him so you can stop WASTING his time on a selfish gold digger such as yourself.

• I hope you're a troll. Buy your own food and clothes. And he's not just a walking bank for you

• lol tbh yeah
    $800 is a lot to spend on a date of just 5 months

He offered to buy my make up and clothes. It's not like I forced him

• I really feel you're being spoilt by him. You don't need to be treated like a queen. Grow up.

• There is no one to blame but himself for putting up with you.

• You're the text book definition of a gold digger. Make your own money and spend it on yourself. Why does he have to pay for you?
    A little gift here or there is absolutely fine but spending 800$ on a random girl is too much if you are not doing the same for him or if he isn't ridiculously rich.

• You need to be worth something to be treated nice, your post clearly shows you ain't worth shit