My boyfriend has been telling another girl that he's attracted to her? I can't seem to get over it. What do I do?

He left his Facebook up and the girl I was already having concerns about messages him and his reply 'we have so much in common and I find you pretty attractive.' Now I don't trust him and I can't stop thinking about it. I feel betrayed and lied to. A week before this happened I told him that I thought something was going on between them and here I find that something looks like it's starting. He tells me that he loves me and is sorry. But how am I suppose to trust him. I feel as if I've been cheated on. How do I move past this in my relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• i think this is hard to get past. he is essentially emotionally cheating as he is clearly flirting with and entertaining thoughts of other women

so the question really is should you get over it? if you truly believe he is sorry and it won't happen again then it's a matter of re-building the trust that was damaged when he betrayed you. so just try to remember that people make mistakes and he wants to make amends for them

but i don't think you have to get past it and if you struggle to trust him you are plenty justified

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously you won't trust him. If you hadn't seen the message, we all already know how much further it would get eventually. Could still happen really.
    And says he loves you etc... Actions speak louder than words. Girls need to stop listening to words and start actually watching what a man does. There are always so many signs girls choose to ignore or "work through together because I love him" and then later on when he truly fucks her over, wonder what went wrong.

For real, stay with him if you want, but don't take it seriously. He obviously isn't. Don't put everything into this dude. Only do that for a guy who actually shows he's worth it, not just tells you he's worth it.

What Guys Said 2

• You're not supposed to trust him, I wouldn't trust him if I were you. Just one more step is needed for him to cheat, I'd walk away before it happens.

He's trying to say that he told her those things because he was trying to make her feel better. But still I can't stop thinking about what he said to her. I just don't trust anything he says. And he doesn't like that I keep bringing what happened up

Yeah, he won't like you suspecting him but this is expected. He could've made her feel better without doing what he did.

• You can't trust him if he did that.

Dump him Period.

He's trying to say that he told her those things because he was trying to make her feel better. But still I can't stop thinking about what he said to here. I just don't trust anything he says. And he doesn't like that I keep bringing what happened ups

That sounds like a lie to me. No guy would say that just to make someone he wasn't interested in and wasn't attracted to, feel better. I don't believe it. He would need to do a lot better than that

What Girls Said 2

• I see the Sure Signs of Something that doesn't Need to be Posted in Newsfeed Here, Dear... He is Cheating and Cheating you.
    Even if he was to Continue the flirtations, these are Stabs and Jabs in your Back and it's just Whack.
    The Ball is in your Court as what to do, but with Trust Issues, he Won't just stop at this "FaceBook friend," but Others as Well, I can Tell.
    Good luck. xx

• Of course you don't trust him. I wouldn't trust him too. I am sorry you feel that way. It won't help, but if I were you I'd break up because I'd think that something is wrong with our relationship if the dude is complimenting other chicks and telling them how attracted he is to them.