I've wasted my life?

I come from a eritrean family and i completely wasted my life... I've always done what my family wanted and listened, what they expected of me. I grew up conservative and by nature i was a good kid, i never complained obeyed and followed the rules by that i feel like i missed out on a lot of life experiences, my mom is depressed and I've lived with here my entire life, her depression became mine and i ve became emotio ally exhausted and destroyed half of my life.

Most Helpful Guy

• You speak as if life is over. You are just 20? You haven't wasted your life. But it may be time for you to make some changes.
    Tell your mom it's time you get a job and moved out and then make your move.

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you kidding? You're still young! Don't give up now! I often feel like I've wasted much of my life, but then I realize that there's still a lot left! You're already started on the journey to healing yourself! Because the hardest part of that journey is even stepping into the path! It's admitting to yourself that you're in pain and what's wrong in the first place! If you feel like you've lived a life that's always been set up by others, get up and do your own thing! You're obviously a very respectful person, so I'd recommend talking it out with those who've had your life set out from the start. Explain to them what's going on and how you feel about it all. Maybe break a rule, it won't be the end of the world! If you want to feel more free, stretch your wings a little, feel what it's like! Get out into the world, talk to people! There's so many things to do! Discover what you love doing and discover yourself :)

I've never had a boyfriend for one

Well, you're not the only one because we're in that same boat! Besides, boyfriends aren't everything in life! Even if people make it seem that way

What Guys Said 5

• you're 24. doesn't seem anywhere close to wasted.

• So... hope you will not seek bad guy... please

• you are 24 not 50

• never too late to start living.

• You can turn it around! You're in the Netherlands--have an EPIC weekend in Amsterdam! :D

What Girls Said 5

• You didn't waste it, you have time yet, start making the most of what's left of it instead of falling into despair. That's when you really lose.

• Half? Aren't you 24? You've still got a lot of time; if you really want a clean start, go somewhere where you don't know anyone, ideally add different from your early environment as you feel you can tolerate. Eventually you'll have to adapt :p

I mean by that love experiences

Never too late to start, if you haven't :p And you're still not that old. But I stand by what I said; meet new people, and generally the rest ensues. But the more time you waste being depressed and all, the more time you won't be using to experiment :)

• You sound like me but don't give up hope. You are still young. I used self help books and online dating to help me. Feel free to pm me to talk if you need to

• Ummmm. You're 24 go back to a technician school and become a mechanic or something. Get a two year degree so you can get your life back on track fast.

• Aww I love Eritreans haha. And the food... mmm injera.. Sorry off topic.
    Yea, mine was always the same. It gets better when you stop enabling. It sounds harsh, and feels horrible, but it's better for both of you in the long run. She should try and get professional help too, maybe you can suggest that. You're still so young though, you've got time to shake her negativity off and start living for yourself. It might not happen quickly, but it can happen.