How would you feel if your ex was like this?

Dont tell me to get over her. I just want to know how you would feel. Your ex cheats on you with someone. Starts dating them, and is still with them a year and a half later. How would you feel?

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably hurt and betrayed. I'd be most upset that they sneaked about it though. I would just prefer if they were mature about the situation and told me that they were no longer into me to begin with. If I truly had loved them, id feel happy that they were happy and probably still be friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd feel like I needed to get on with my life. Why are you even still following what your ex does? Seriously, cut her out of your life and move along.

What Girls Said 2

• It just creates negative throughs. I guess I would feel envious of the fact they worked out and we didn't. Maybe feel a bit defeated about it... you say don't tell you to get over her and I won't say that.

I will say that maybe you should try to distance yourself from looking at that and comparing your life to it. Things happen for a reason and this was just a rough way for you to realize that it wasn't right. I don't think that dating is a helpful way to "get over someone", and it sounds like you don't want to do that anyways! I always suggest doing things that make you happy. When need to fill your time and memeores with experiences that DONT involve her... not "get over her". If that makes sense

Its not her that i miss. Its the fact i was cheated on, and left for someone she is still with. Yes i feel defeated. And it really blows my self esteem sometimes. Believe me, its been a year and a half, and i work right next to her. So regardless, i have to see her. But i've dated many girls, and been "involved" with many of them since her. Its just i've never been so used, and abused, as much as she has done to me. She completely treated me as if i was nothing, and that i wasn't good enough to deserve loyalty.

Look at it this way. Her cheating is not a reflection on you AT all. That is a reflection on her. You don't blame the victim when someone robs them, or blame a person that has been conned? Stealing, lying and cheating are all problems that are caused by underlying issues with the individual. Once a person starts this habit they disaccosiate themselves from it being "wrong" or give themselves a reason that validates why they "have too" do it and are more likely to repeat this.
      I do understand the thought process you are having though!

• Ehhh I wouldn't care. Just move on already. It's been a whole year

What Guys Said 1

• I'd would start dating her friends.