Guys, Do you prefer a girl who texts you first?

• No- I like the chase.
  • Yes - communication works both ways
  • Yes & No- I like to know she's interested, but I also like the chase

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I tend to text first and initiate conversations. But I have a problem. Whenever I do that it seems to put guys off after a while. It's okay if they are generally not interested. But I find when I put in effort, it's almost like I'm giving permission to not make any effort for me :(

What Guys Said 24

• not that i prefer or don't prefer, i simply don't care, don't mind.

• This is a tough one to answer, I say yes&no, but only initially. There comes a time when the game should be over, and if someone sucks at reaching out or communicating (or she is trying to get you to chase her across the damn country) I'm not down for that all.

• Yes, there are far too many girls that do not initiate any mental stimulation and expect you to do everything. I don't mind taking the lead but i'm not organising the relationship. Take a little initiative, a guy isn't going to enjoy having to chase you up daily and then she gets upset that you haven't messaged her... Guess what., most guys will interprett it as the girl isn't interested any more and move on. I have no idea where this idea of not initiating anything came up as a good idea

• While it does not provide an excuse for men to text less, It is nice to see that a girl is interested in you. But it really should be a two way street. Socially there may be tricks used in keeping interest. But all tricks aside, there needs to be communication between both parties. Timing can be an issue, that might even need to be another question. It would be a red flag if communication only came from one side.

• I like it 50/50

• Yeah, there is nothing wrong with that :)
    If you're interested, let me know, no need to wait for me, if you're not even sure where we're at

• Of course I'd love that because it feels me that I'm a person who is being to be interested by the others.
    It shows me feel more confident and increases the self esteem to myself 😀.
    Sometimes when I'm being on dating apps, some girls start to text me and a result of that I feel like to be proud of my self.

• If she doesn't text me it has to mean she isn't interested in me

• If you need "the chase" to know it's worth it, I got news for you. Why would anyone think that, anyway?

It goes both ways, really.

• Yes... the aggressive girl gets the Worm;-P

• Never understood the chase supposed to be fun for guys. I never felt like that.

• The chase is fun but I need a little reassurance too

• communication works both ways.. the guy shouldn't always have to initiate contact

• Hell yeah. It shows me that she knows what she wants instead of those girls that just leave you wondering

• Yes, its a lot more fun.

• Yes I'm fine with it. I can't tell flirting worth a damn.

• I guess. I moreso prefer if she wasn't the type that will never text first.

• ya if i keep texting first it feels like im not wanted kinda

• I love when a girl texts me first whenever she respects my privacy.

• Who actually likes this "chase" thing? Bleugh. Whai. -_-

• Yeah, it's annoying if she waits for me to text, or won't text twice till I respond, like... just talk to me if you like me, damn.

• I don't like to chase and I don't like her to always send a message first so it must be 50/50

• ABSOLUTELY.

• Yes. A woman who text first shows she is interested and not an attention whore just using you for attention.

What Girls Said 2

• In which context?
    Generally they don't care, people just text each other when they want without thinking of that.

• Everyone likes it when the other person texts first.