My SO complains I never do anything nice for him and shoots me down when I try. What do I do?

One of his complaints was that I never do anything nice for him and that no matter what he does for me, I never reciprocate. But the problem that I'm having is that everything I'm good at, he's not interested in. I'm a baker and love cakes and cookies and brownies and it's what I'm good at. However, he doesn't eat sugar. He just told me if I made him something he won't eat it. I told him that doesn't make any sense because when his family makes things with sugar in it, he eats it. Same with co-workers. And my friend and I are supposed to make him and her boyfriend dinner on Monday and he said if it has sugar in it he'll eat. So I asked him what's the difference between her making something with sugar in it and me and he said that I know he doesn't eat sugar. I told him she knows, too, and so does her boyfriend (because I complain about it all the time). Then he said that he's not eating anything I make.

It's just demoralizing that I'm not good at a lot of things and the one thing I'm good at that I'm proud of he just shits on all the time. I'm not asking him to eat a whole cake or something. The only other thing I'm good at is writing and you can't really do much with that except maybe write a poem, but I want to do something really nice and I don't know what else to do. Any one have any ideas of anything nice I can do?

0|0
1|3

Most Helpful Guy

• That seems extremely odd and I bet it is demoralizing because I would feel the same way especially since cooking/baking is one the things I am best at as well. Have you talked to him about how it makes you feel or asked why he will never eat anything you make?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he doesn't like the way you cook sugary foods but he doesn't admit it.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

No, he told me the day he met me he doesn't eat sugar at all before he even knew I was a baker.

What Guys Said 2

• Take him on a date maybe?

Make a night about him

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

He doesn't like leaving the house or going anywhere. We don't really go on dates unless it's with my friend.

• oh the struggle! i dont give a fuck honestly... .

0|0
    2|1
    • 1mo

You clearly do if you felt the need to comment with such a troll response. Troll.

• 1mo

no, i read like three lines and that was it.

• 1mo

Still enough for you to want to comment. Troll.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!