My SO complains I never do anything nice for him and shoots me down when I try. What do I do?

One of his complaints was that I never do anything nice for him and that no matter what he does for me, I never reciprocate. But the problem that I'm having is that everything I'm good at, he's not interested in. I'm a baker and love cakes and cookies and brownies and it's what I'm good at. However, he doesn't eat sugar. He just told me if I made him something he won't eat it. I told him that doesn't make any sense because when his family makes things with sugar in it, he eats it. Same with co-workers. And my friend and I are supposed to make him and her boyfriend dinner on Monday and he said if it has sugar in it he'll eat. So I asked him what's the difference between her making something with sugar in it and me and he said that I know he doesn't eat sugar. I told him she knows, too, and so does her boyfriend (because I complain about it all the time). Then he said that he's not eating anything I make.

It's just demoralizing that I'm not good at a lot of things and the one thing I'm good at that I'm proud of he just shits on all the time. I'm not asking him to eat a whole cake or something. The only other thing I'm good at is writing and you can't really do much with that except maybe write a poem, but I want to do something really nice and I don't know what else to do. Any one have any ideas of anything nice I can do?

Most Helpful Guy

• That seems extremely odd and I bet it is demoralizing because I would feel the same way especially since cooking/baking is one the things I am best at as well. Have you talked to him about how it makes you feel or asked why he will never eat anything you make?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he doesn't like the way you cook sugary foods but he doesn't admit it.

No, he told me the day he met me he doesn't eat sugar at all before he even knew I was a baker.

What Guys Said 2

• Take him on a date maybe?

Make a night about him

He doesn't like leaving the house or going anywhere. We don't really go on dates unless it's with my friend.

• oh the struggle! i dont give a fuck honestly... .

You clearly do if you felt the need to comment with such a troll response. Troll.

no, i read like three lines and that was it.

Still enough for you to want to comment. Troll.

What Girls Said 0