Does the 3 day rule still aply?

Is the 3 day rule still in effect these days?
Meaning, if he/she doesn't call/text within 3 days after a date it's to be assumed they're just not interested?

• YESDoes the 3 day rule still aply??
  • NODoes the 3 day rule still aply??

Most Helpful Guy

• I think after a week I would assume that

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't give a fuck about how many hours/days has passed shit. If he doesn't pay attention to me, I don't. If he runs away, I would push him back to make him lost faster. Don't have time for their shit

What Guys Said 6

• I guess no one here is going to mention why Ducky from Land Before Time here?

Also, I don't think the 3 day rule is a thing. He could be simply busy, but if it goes on longer than a week, then you can assume he is not interested. You could always initiate and send a quick howdoyado. That won't make you look desperate at all so long as you don't bombard them with texts. Getting ghosted is never fun, but he could be thinking the same thing of why won't she text me. So take matters in your own hand and don't let him ghost you.

Cause Ducky is ADORABLE!!!

We had out second "date" Saturday night. After 2 weeks of nonstop texting from both sides. Had Casual coffee, chit chatting etc. a little making out at the end.

He texted when he got home, a couple playful flirty texts back and forth.

Then nothing from either side Sunday. Monday I sent a Good Morning text, received no responce. I sent a good evening text later that same day, and have not received a response all week.

I sent one last text this morning and nothing. I guess it's safe to say this one was a FAIL.

because he is talking/dating other women as well. you should be dating other guys till you find one who will not drop you like that.
      no need to play these rules. more important that you are out and enjoying these meetings and finding the best guy for you.

Yes, Thank you.

• No, the 3 day rule is usually a stupid thing guys do where they'll wait 3 days before texting so they don't seem too desperate. But there really are no rules, everyone's different. If you're waiting for someone to text you, don't,... If they text you, they text you, if they don't, they don't.. There's no point in waiting, just focus on other things.

• Sometimes it is best to wait until 3 days to make a move

• I really don't like playing games personally, I just text them as I like them and want to meet them asap.

Your opinions on other questions suggest you are a good person, I wonder if you could help me out about a girl? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2141337-who-would-a-sweet-fun-girl-flirt-be-with-have-dirty-sex-with-based

• I don't have patience for things like the 3 day rule and other mind games. It's just another way of walking on eggshells with someone. Like I could understand it if you haven't met the person yet, but it's after your first date or two and you both enjoy each other's company, it's just a mind fuck.

I mean how long are you gonna play that rule until you both decide you like each other and wanna be exclusive? I mean you don't have to blow someone's phone up buts simple text every other day isn't too much.

Or a simple text that says, hey thanks for the coffee but I don't think it's gonna work out?

Usually to the bar or getting a coffee

My experience has been that those settings do not allow the opportunity to get to know someone or interact with them in such a way that would allow their true nature to be expressed.

• Tru dat

What Girls Said 0