Why are boys acting so feminine and girls acting so masculine?

Did I miss something? It seems especially prevalent on GAG as well as young people. Younger the person more gender confused they seem.

I'm not trying to be ahole.

Girls these acting real aggressive like tf?

Guys are kinda tender and soft

But neither gender really seems happy. I'm not trying to say one has to be one or the other but a part of me really feels like a man needs to be in touch with his masculinity and a woman needs to be in touch with her femininity.

Not to mention the fact that women are attracted to MEN which implies MASCULINITY and men are attracted to WOMEN which implies FEMININITY

Like i don't want some hard-ass chick who gives me a bunch of **** picks fights with me brags and **** and basically acts like a dude. Back in my day, those traits aggression, cockiness, coldness those were traits women liked in men not traits they themselves had in spades. wtf?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because feminism is a work of the devil and it's all apart of the plan to destroy the family unit by severing ties between men and women while turning the remainder into a bunch of confused homosexuals and trannys.

that last part lol XD

That's what's been blamed for a while now

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, they're not gender confused, you are. After all, you're the one puzzled by why women don't act as passive as you'd want them to expect to align with your preconceptions about having a vagina.

i'm just confused why it seems the dominant women and passive mens numbers are growing while the dominant men and passive womens number of growing smaller

Well technically them not aligning with your preconceptions makes just as much "sense" as if they did.

Considering there isn't much "sense" in the preconception itself. It's just what you think should be true, even though it isn't.

There is no actual "sense" to it. People are who they are. The fact that they don't align with your preconceptions only means that your preconceptions are flawed.

• 14d

I like how this got autoselected

What Girls Said 44

• I don't know, but it's a shame, Masculine men Hnnng <3
    I love men who LOOK and ACT masculine, I like a man to be sweet and romantic but also be strong and dominating.

• I'm one of those really feminine girls. I value my femininity a lot, it's the most important part of me, therefore like I said I value it more than anything. My main objective is to be as ladylike as possible, and I like to express it through my fashion sense too. I'm the polar opposite of the girls you described, dear. I don't agree and I'm not fond of their ways, but to each their own. They are not affecting me, so I have no valid purpose to fight or stop them. I'm feminine in all circumstances. Always. Even for humor purposes I wouldn't act all "manly", I think it's ridiculous and not funny at all. Recall how gag switched our genders during April Fool's, a lot of girls were into it, whereas me, I did not join the game, instead I was impatient to get my pink profile back. If ever have a daughter, I would encourage to be feminine like. I'll make it mandatory, actually; like mother like daughter :)

and i can tell as you talk about your femininity that it makes you really happy. that's my point. i'm not sure masculinity can ever make a straight girl as happy as femininity can. maybe they didn't have a very feminine mother or feminine female figures in their life. maybe they didn't have a good father and so value being hard but yeah. i'm glad you are so happy with the way you express yourself

@pavlove >> yeah. i'm glad you are so happy with the way you express yourself

Why is straight girls expressing their "masculinity" so wrong? Are they not allowed to be happy with themselves?

@Mesonfielde Yup. I was fine with everything until the mandatory bit. Same thing happened with my younger half brother. Father was adamant that everything his son did was masculine until finally the boy snapped and started needed therapy because he felt "torn in two".

• no, people are just freeing themselves to be themselves. girls are not feminin and guys are not masculin, that is a lie, we both have feminin and masculin traits in us; some more some less regardelss of gender. Society forced us into those boxes but that is not real. Real is to be ysf and the only way to be really happy. If you are more masculin and prefer feminin girls that is ok, but not everyone is like that, realize that.

Physiology says your wrong

@YourName123 it's silly to be that radical over one statement. I belive you were genuenly impressed and maybe it really haven't been about the fact that I'm a woman, but some things do often come from that and as society is set that way we are not even aware of it. I do dubt you would compliment a guy like that about him being logical. Also feminin traits as you claim most women have are those that are downgraded in society so yes women are downgraded just by that since it's expected of them to be something that is considered less worthy.

all of your problems in life will be because of sexism. There is no other explanation and anytime something doesn't work out, its not your fault.

You lost me at hello

• Come on Pavlove, why are you really afraid of dominant girls? It's not like we're gonna "rape" you, unless you want us to :P

Can a girl even rape a guy? If I enjoy it how is it rape?

@cchris989 She can overpower you, or tie you to a bed, and ride you whole night.

Mmmhm, I gotta go this is getting to intense for me 😳

• Not every man is like you. Not every man likes the same kind of woman you like. There are tons of men who want exactly what you described as unattractive.

Back in the day people didn't have a choice. It wasn't better because people had to live in a mold that society deemed acceptable. People aren't all exactly the same. We all have qualities that you would describe as masculine and feminine. They are basic human qualities that everyone has to varying degrees.

yes but i think in terms of self identification if you identify as a girl that means, on some level, you believe you are feminine. it's one thing for a girl to be in touch with her feminine side but a lot of girls seem not to have one

Being born female has nothing to do with the traits you consider feminine. It's not that human beings were different back then, it's that society only allowed people to express themselves a certain way and people's individual voices didn't get heard. Women didn't recently change biologically to have more of the traits you consider masculine. These women always existed but were silenced by society and not allowed to act differently than the expectations set for their sex. Same for men. Men are the same as they've always been, they are just allowed to be embrace all the parts that make them a human in our more accepting modern society. The only masculine or only feminine person that you imagine simply doesn't exist and it never did. It was just an illusion and now people are finally speaking out and breaking it.

Summary:
      Being a woman doesn't mean you have to have certain traits
      All traits belong to all people
      Humans haven't changed, only society is different

• sometimes, i curse like a sailor, tell pervy jokes, and throw things at the tv when watching hockey; others, i'll put on a nice dress and let my man open doors for me. it all depends on my mood lol.

i was a tomboy when i was younger~ always on my bike, covered in dirt, or both. but, as i got older, i embraced my feminine side as well; like, i'm this soft, sensual person sometimes, and that's okay too.

that said, i think gender roles are pretty outdated, and the idea that such-and-such is manly or not ladylike or whatever is old thinking.

• Uhh... I'd have to disagree with a lot of this. There's not just female and male. There's actually lots of genders, but that's a different topic that society is too immature to deal with, so that aside, there's nothing wrong with a man being tender and caring or a woman being tough. Those actions don't automatically make someone "not masculine" or "not feminine" just like that. People have personalities despite any genders that they're born with. I know many women that are tough as nails and wouldn't hesitate to say anything in their minds at any given moment. And I know males that are quiet, shy, and reserved. This doesn't just automatically make them "not female" and "not male." This is a big image that society promotes, but in all actuality, it's not the least bit true. You see these things on tv shows etc. But real life isn't like that at all. Everyone is different and you shouldn't define people's genders by how they act. Anyone of any gender can act however they want. It doesn't make them less of who they are.

Gender is biology, not some weird social construct that exists in the fantasies of Cultural Marxists.
      There are two genders. They are male and female.
      After that there is sexual preference, or orientation.

My response to your post can be expressed well by Monty Python.
      "It is symbolic of his struggle against reality."
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgp9MPLEAqA

@cth96190 lmao that was actually really amusing to watch! But again, everyone can believe what they want. No harm is being done in your own personal beliefs..

• Because they don't give a shit how you feel.

• Why should the gender you were born with dictate how you want to act? Men can act feminine if they want to. Women can act masculine if they want to. You should stop acting so butthurt. The men and women you're talking about probably aren't even that feminine or masculine as you think they are.

• How about we let people do what they wanna do. Why should women be soft and tender and men be aggressive

i'm talking about straight men and women. straight men are by definition attracted to soft and tender females and straight women aggressive males

suck that huge horse cock like a lolip with your tongue cleaning the piss then swallowing the cum , you little shit cum eater, face shitter, you clean assholes with your mouth , you eat shit on daily basis, your lunch is your fathers shit who lets you clean his asshole with your tongue, you mom squirts into your ass and rubs her boobs on your face, and eveyone you know cum on your little shitty ass you whinny little asshole , you dick jerker, cock sucker slutty shit cleaner.

• This is just internet talk. IRL, this isn't an issue.

• 5|2
  • I think a lot of this depends on what happens in your life. I. e. what you were taught, what influenced you, what role models etc. I myself am not very feminine, however, that does not mean that I can't be loving. As far as the old school version of femininity goes, the part where they are raised to be "nice," I think that's pretty much dead. The reason for that is that being nice, or accommodating gets you nowhere. All it does is get you taken advantage of. And that is what turns women into b*tches.

and yet we see more and more men being described as "nice" so it must get you something. the question is what

well just own up to it

I know I would and wouldn't feel guilty about it cause everybody does have their shortcoming

• And the feminine girls also get picked on for being too soft.. And the guys for being too masculine.. Silly world.

• Women gotta be all those things to weed out bitch boys who can't handle it like you described. Also, life is better when you're confident.

haha slay

@SmokemJay yOu mean like the "awesome" reixun. Such a worthless and truly deplorable CUNT. Hint : If you act like an insufferable bitch, life will not treat you well. The best thing for her to ensure a good life is for her to suicide herself. Now thatswhaticall entertainment.

@TheDeplorableOne
      Nah what she likes in a man sounds reasonable. Men should be firm and unmovable in the face of bullshit, reacting in an emotional way is a woman thing. She doesn't sound too bad... And I don't think she offended you... there's no need to call her a cunt.

• I'm sick of these straight men that are too much of pussies to ask girls out and expect girls to play the mans role. then everyone wants to ask why I like masculine, dominant men.. cause I don't date females.. duh

you know guys that expect girls to ask them out?

Would you date a guy in his 17? 😅

so then your statement doesn't really hold up, huh?

• Social engineering and bullshit about how gender is a social construct not biology. So your not male because you were born with a penis instead its because society forces the notion that you are male upon you.

• lol it s evolution hahaha
    doesn t it make us more interesting beings?
    so many layers and confusion makes it even more challenging
    I honestly think it s a way to adapt nowadays.
    You gotta be everything depending on the situation so it s a survival instinct.

• Women are told guys won't truly respect us unless we are bitchy. I think that is more prevalent in the lower class but I could be wrong. Guys get aggressive and stalkerish and get told to slow their roll. We don't have gender contruct like we used to. I was raised to be "nice" but that doesn't always serve me well. Some people take kindness for weakness.

At ghe first sign of her being bitchy, I head for the exit. Life is difficult enough without that too.

@cth96190 That is highly gratifying to read but you wouldn't believe how many times I've been overlooked for a dumb, less attractive bitchy female.

• I'm trying to compensate for the tiny wiener I was born with. Gotta be alpha man.
    I got some nice sized balls though... I just carry them up on my chest so that they don't chafe :D

• Femininity and masculinity aren't even real. Without the influence of society we wouldn't have those terms.

When I'm confused about human behaviour, I sometimes find it helpful to look at monkeys' behaviour. There is no femininity or masculinity there either.

Seriously monkey behaviour? What the heck dude.

Wasn`t intended as an insult. Would never use sexual preference/attraction to insult. That's low, so sorry you took it that way. But a good deal of LGBT blogs, literature, etc, etc IS ridiculous progoganda implying zero difference between males and females (aka femininity/masculinity) and it is quite easy to cling to one's own bias.

The primate world (monkeys in this instance) is quite significantly feminine/masculine outside of "instinct" but also with staggeringly similar instincts to human. Males clinging to groups and females clinging to groups, social castes (learned... far from instinctual), alpha males displaying aggression and territorial action, females submitting to that, females doing the grooming of both sexes generally.
      However, if these are not things you're referring to as feminine/masculine, I'm all ears.
      I'm also genuinely interested in your explanation as to (generally speaking of course) girls gravitating to pink and shiny things, and boys to hands on dirty stuff

@GuysGuy what you just said, it's learned. "Pink is for girls", pink used to actually be for boys. Red was the brave colour for men, pink was seen as a lighter shade of red. Blue was seen as a feminine colour.

Literally the only reason we have these gender stereotypes is because we teach them to our kids. The reason those LGBT blogs seem to go far is because you've been taught differently. To me, america is weird af too because I'm taught differently.

I think we should all raise our kids in a gender neutral way, but I get why you think not referring to your child as he or she is too much, and I agree.

• This seems more of an internet issue and not an actual real life issue.

Definitely, I hardly ever meet anyone in real life who could be described by this post haha.

@frozenhorizon It's closer to downtown but not quite in it. And I see more of the masculine females than feminine males.

@Derpyy hmm well I see some girls with short hair and "punk" looks. But it's a small minority, most of them look and act feminine

• People are just acting how they want to act.

• I don't know
    but tbh in my place/environment or w/e I am not noticing that huge difference aside from elementary kids/junior high kids

• Ever hear of Boudica?

Yes, but she lost, because she knew little to nothing about military tactics.

@cth96190 That's true, and probably her soldiers has well. It's hard to train that many soldiers when you're subject to oppressive rule. I guess my only point was that they did what they could with the resources that they had.

soldiers as well*

• :p just don't date the agressive ones among us
    also people are more and more comfortable with being themselves instead of just following the crowd

• I think it's because the lbgt community is so excepted and open. We as a whole are demasculating men and are turning women into dominant/masculine people.

Major non-sequitur there. But that's to expected from someone who doesn't know the difference between "expected" and "accepted".

Certain traits have been forgotten? LMAO. I've been friends with gay guys who are totally masculine and lesbians who are totally feminine. Wake up, smell the coffee, and stop believing in stereotypes.

@JenSCDC I dont like coffee, more of a tea drinker 😊

• Coughs

• I don't know. I've noticed this too.
    I mean i act like a girl cause I am. And I like being a girl.
    I've been noticing a lot of guys acting like girls lately

• Parents aren't raising their children up proper

• More from Girls
    14

What Guys Said 61

• Lol sounds like you can't handle women.

lol why would i want to handle a woman as described above?

whitest of knights. makes me GaG ;D

Well, _you_ wouldn't want to because you aren't much of a man.

• Some comments on this in no particular order.

"chick who gives me a bunch of **** picks fights with me brags and **** and basically acts like a dude."
    I'm not sure masculinity has much to do with bragging or necessarily picking fights.

"they're not even talking about having sex with girls they're talking about getting girlfriends."
    I don't think wanting to commit to a girl has much to do masculinity. What matters is if you let her take advantage of you.

"what confuses me is why you want to be alpha when you're a girl..."
    Wee bit sexist are we? Anyone can be Alpha. Guy or girl. Just that males are more inclined to it.

"the question is who WANTS to handle it. who wants these masculine women?"
    I would expect that you of all people know by now that a lot of these women aren't really masculine. They're testing your masculinity, giving you a chance to show that you're worth it.

• Lol! We are trying to associate with our softer side because we think girls like that and they are trying to be one of the lads because they think we like that.

so true dude. i can't be sure if girls think we like them being hard but i would not be surprised

• In this generation people have become more accepting of people being themselves. People come out being gay for example. To me masuline people are people with a D, and that is it. Because personality can be so different. There's woman who are proud of being a woman (I call this femininity), but personality wise I don't know what to call it. Harder or softer?
    In this generation I think we got more choice or who we want to be as a person, and can be ourselves
    And you could look at it in different ways. And honestly I don't really want a girl who is someone I can walkover like some doormat. More agressive ladies are fun, it makes it interesting :)
    I find it attractive in a woman if she's more agressive, wants to take charge sometimes too. Strong, confident women... I love you.

• Yeah it's ridiculous and it needs to stop.

But you have to remember these are the people that believe gender, and even science itself is a social construct. These are not exactly sensible people we're talking about.

I suppose you can largely thank feminism for this event since they love to push feminism on everyone and shame/attack masculinity and men. to the point that a lot of men have just said you know what fuck it, I'm done, and they just forget women altogether.

And your not being an asshole in this case you really are just speaking the truth, society has pussified us.

exactly you're right. and i guess it comes down to my believe that either gender is not entirely a social construct or, even if it is, say you're a straight woman you're going to be MORE attracted to masculinity than you are femininity and yet if you are very masculine yourself (as more straight girls are becoming) its really unattractive to those masculine men.

There's also a third option, if we take the gender confusion to its conclusion we conclude that people today are really confused about their gender meaning we have girls who really want to be boys and boys who really want to be girls which further upsets balance of heterosexuality and i say that only because those boys and girls don't feel comfortable changing their gender to match their secret desire and/or don't feel comfortable becoming homosexual and sdo they stay either dominating interested men in the case of girls or they stay being really passive/fearful of women in the case of boys

that last bit was just food

for thought not something i've thought about seriously enough to say its my belief

• I'm just like you when it comes to tastes in women. I like 'em as girly and feminine as possible... which means she will be more likely to be passive in personality type, but as the man I have no problem taking the reigns.

It does seem like more feminine-acting boys/men, and masculine-acting men/women, don't seem as happy. You make a strong point there! Maybe all this gender-role ambiguity is doing more harm than good. :-/

• Well, I know that this just proves your point, but I'm pretty sure I'm gender dysphoric. I can't remember actually ever feeling like a boy; I'm not going to call myself a girl either, but throughout my childhood I've always felt more comfortable with girls. I shared more personality traits, more interests, that sort of thing. I have more male friends now, but I still don't feel like I fit in. You're free to call me "just a man", but I feel like neither of the two categories suits me.

More people have this sort of problem than you might think, but it might seem like it's on the rise; I assume that this is just because more people are willing to be open about it, as society starts accepting being trans or gender dysphoric more. It's just like homosexuality, really — you don't think that gay people didn't exist a thousand years ago, do you? They just kept it hid or thought they were nothing more than "a bit confused".

I don't want to go on an unrelated rant about how transgenderism is perceived as "wrong" because gender roles still play an all too prevalent role in modern society, but "a part of me really feels like a man needs to be in touch with his masculinity and a woman needs to be in touch with her femininity" just strikes me the wrong way. This might be what you feel like, but some people have genuine difficulties with this sort of sentiment. I don't mean to be PC or anything, it's not that you can't say it or that it "offends" my poor Tumblr brain (or lack thereof), but I'm free to not be "masculine" just like you're free to want to be with a "feminine" woman. Do what you want to, and so will I.

• Men are shamed and rebuked for their 'coarseness' and sexuality in their formative phases, by female motherly figures growing up.

Women have to be hyper competitive and 'ugly' in order to get anywhere in the sphere of their career.

• I'm not aggressive. I'm calm, laid back, sweet and i LOVE cuddles and girls.
    Am I feminine?

maybe we should be just unique and ourselves.

• People don't have to cater to anyone else's preferences in life. People are individuals and be themselves as long as they're not hurting anyone.

Feminine and masculine is pretty subjective and has shifted a lot throughout history in different cultures.

• i act like dude, if a girl pisses me off she can fk off iam not going easy on her, i do not take girls feelings into consideration when doing something, i am not feminine and soft and gentle, iam nice and respectful but you're right many men nowdays act so weak and pussy whipped its really confusing, are they men?

and women... dont let me even get started on that shit, they act like dudes and when you express discomfort of their behaviour they lash out at you, except... if you act like a man and start being aggressive they usually are way too scared to mess with you.

• We need to find a middle ground between aggressive an passive; female and male. We should all become trans.

#Trans4Life

• I would rather have a balance.

I dont want some loud mouthed stuck up girl who thinks she is always right like most of the girls on gag do, but I also wouldn't want a girls who can't challenge me or voice her opinion.

• I'm kinda effeminate and girls can sometimes be too feminine for me. I prefer ones who give off a certain kind of lively energy. But at the same time, a lot of young women today seem to have a snarky, tough-as-nails exterior that is just not attractive.

• Waaahh, we're GAGers and we live in the 1800s!

I hate when women tell men "You're not a real man" Really? What the fuck do you know? You got a cock and balls between your legs? I'll wear a fucking tutu if I want to and if some conservative redneck bible thumping bitch has a problem with it (that's female and male I'm describing) tough shit.

• As a dominant personality, I like someone who can challenge me. I don't dislike dominant girls at all. It's more fun to have a power struggle than it is to just win all the time. All that does it just stroke your ego.

different strokes i guess. my life and my work is stressful enough without that added on top of it

• You might be exaggerating. It's nowhere as prevalent as you make it seem. It happens, yeah. That's just a sign that people aren't afraid to be who they want to be. Nobody's "confused". They are who they are, regardless of what dangling parts they may or may not have. You're only as "masculine" or "femenine" as you allow yourself and society think you are.

• It's still alive, but yeah I see the pussification of men and shake my head. Real girls do too.. It's a damn shame.

• 0|0
  • Damn pajama boys piss me off. I just want to slap the shit out of them.

I don't know about girls being masculine. Girls are more bitchy though. Maybe...

• It's feminisms toxic indoctrinations on our society and culture. It's already damaged relationships and marriage. It's the sole purpose mgtow exists in first place.

• well if you realized that some women act more masculine and some men act more feminine, you should also have noticed that those individuals aren´t really all that popular with the opposite gender :P

• cause they have no standard
    they make choices based on fitting in
    or how they feel

there ignorant and stupid

• Boy... sm fuckin h

• Because boys are just that: boys. Most guys, especially the tools in this site, aren't men.

• In the end times
    The world will be perverse

This is part of the perversion

• Haha this is very true with a lot of people.

• Single mothers and a lack of a father figure in the millennial generation.

makes sense single mothers probably have to act hard which is perpetuated in their daughters

• Masculine females, *shudders*. Just bleh. Can't take that seriously when I look down. Like loud mouthed short dudes. And feminine guys, like giant babies.

Why should people be forced to act a certain way

Will check back later...

Why isn't it bad to consider both. I'd much rather have an 'ugly' nice guy than a 'pretty' horrible guy

And what has this got to do with age

• More from Guys
    31