Guys, should I have defended my boyfriend or did I do the right thing?

I was walking down the street with my boyfriend and a few guys asked us if we could give them a lighter. We said we didn't have one and they kept yelling after us about not lending them one. Eventually after we went past them, they yelled at him that he was getting a bald spot. It was obvious that these were just immature young guys, but I still felt bad for my boyfriend that someone would make fun of him like that. I didn't say anything back to the guys in his defense, because I didn't want it to seem like I was trying to fight his battles, but I did want to tell them off. Instead I just commented to him quietly on how they acted like idiots/need to grow up etc. Did I do the right thing or should I have said something to the guys when they insulted him?

2

What Guys Said 2

• You should stand up for him, but only in a safe environment. It is very possible that yelling at those guys could have gotten you boyfriend and butt kicking.

If you friends or family talk bad about him, to his face or not, you need to stand up for him. If you meet a group of guys on the street that are looking for a fight, keep quiet.

• You did the right thing. If he was offended by that, he has a problem.