How long does it take you to realize you want a relationship with someone?

After talking to someone how many dates or how long does it normally take you to realize that you want an actual relationship with someone?

1mo Based off of your experiences. I know it's different for everyone

Most Helpful Guy

• It takes a while for me to decide that it's actually a good idea to date. For a relationship... it will depend on how dates go. I can be fast, it can take more time.

Most Helpful Girl

• It varies from people to people, but this generally depends on if you have the same view points in life, understand each other and compromise. Obviously if you are both physically attracted to each other and if you wanna build a future with that person/ partner.

What kind of view points?

@Lostsoulman - As in, if you guys are ready to settle or not, where would you like to settle if ever you do decide to and stuff like that. You both have to be in the same page, otherwise it would be disastrous.

What Guys Said 4

• About a day and a half of knowing them.

• Probably 3 then make it exclusive.

• always exactly 6 days and 37 seconds

• About 2 hours.

What Girls Said 15

• About a year.

• Until they kiss me and I feel a spark, or that feeling that tells me yes I want this person.

• I give a guy like 2 weeks from our first date to make it official and unless he has a good reason why not, like recent break up or new to town and just trying to meet people, I just move on.

• It doesn't have to be a date, with me if he and I click in the communication level then it's a HUGE plus. That's when I know he's the one I want to have a relationship with.

• Maybe several weeks of frequent communication and at least 4-6 dates. I need some time to psychoanalyze them and develop stronger chemistry.

• 2 dates

• Within one month.

• I'm not sure, I wanted a rel with my boyfriend within a month or less.

• It took me a couple of weeks. Known him for years though.

• It takes a big fight 😭

• Depends on how I feel at the time and also on the person...

• My case was pretty rare. I've never been on a date with anyone before but around this time 2 years ago, I went on my first date ever to the city and it lasted 10 hours. By the end of it, I asked him 'so are you my boyfriend now' and he was like 'yes, I'm your boyfriend'. We became offical instantly lol. But thats just my experience. Many people take weeks or months before having the talk of being exclusive.

• 6 months to a year. I take too long to realize :( I've had opportunities but because i take too long to reciprocate when someone is interested in me i lose chances. 24 and still never been in a relationship :(

• I think it depends on the person. When someone is right, you just know. Or if someone is hard to read, you might need more time. I don't think there is a standard period of time. You just feel it

• On speaking terms I'd say a couple of months so, I can get to know more about the person and their personality. In terms of dates, I can usually tell by the second or third date unless I''m completely put-off from the first date. You have to give it time to get to know the person.