Places to go, things to do for an interesting first date?

As a modern woman I have asked men out on dates a few times.

When I have made the plans for a date I found the success rate of continued interactions has been so much higher than if I let the man plan the date.

Here are the top 3 dates I have taken men out on:

1. Live show of comedian George Carlin.
2. Haunted Horrors theme park
3. Escape Game & dinner

So I'm just curious...

What's the best first date you've ever been on or planned?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• walking around the city

simple, lots to do, provided spontaneity and an easy out just in case

What Guys Said 13

• I agree with @wankiam. As a very experienced dater, #1 is a horrible idea. A first date should be about lots of talking and communication. Sitting for hours where you can't talk to each other is a bad idea. #2 isn't bad but #3 is clearly the best, especially if you pick an escape game where you aren't paired with strangers. With just two of you, you likely won't solve it but I believe that's not the point anyway. And dinner... sitting across from someone for an hour and a half is perfect for getting to know someone.

yeah dinner is the best... sitting in the restaurant chatting into the small hours being last to leave ;)

@wankiam Jesus Christ, did someone duplicate me and put them on a computer as a practical joke? Yes, listen to this guy. 100% pay for the meal (that bathroom move works every time for paying the bill) and yes, staying so late at the restaurant that the staff starts to wonder when you're going to leave? Perfect.

LOL
      in reference to the Carlin date, I met him while I was doing a temp job.
      I saw him in the cafeteria one day reading while he had his lunch so I walked over and sat down, introduced myself etc. We had lunch together every day for a few weeks until the day came when I asked if he wanted to go with me to the show.

• Those all sound great! My first date with my current girlfriend was at a mini golf course and we played every course at that place and then went out for Dutch Bros 😋😂 I think the best environment for a first date is either informal or easy going.

• 1. Live show of comedian George Carlin.

I love you and wish I could've met you while he was alive!

• All my first dates that led to relationships were totally ordinary. We met in a restaurant or coffee shop and talked.

• it doesn't matter where we go on the first date as long as there's sex involved at the end of it

• 1 is not a good option as you can't chat... besides it should be you making your date laugh

I had met the guy while I was working a temp job.
      I saw him the cafeteria one day reading a book while eating his lunch. I sat down next to him, introduced myself and we continued to have lunch together every day for a few weeks. Then one day I asked of he wanted to go with me to the show.

ok well in that case it was going dancing all night after a meal then spending the rest of the weekend in bed

Right on

• I take dates to the theatre to see a play... because I'm an book nerd at heart. Seeing a play is my go to, but it get expensive, so now I mostly just take them to a nice Mexican restaurant.

• Never been on a date before.

• kinda hard to take someone to a George Carlin show as he's been dead for 8 years

having said that, one of my best first dates was at a barcade which is a bar that has arcades

Yeah, because dating didn't exist before that!

My problem is that men don't think outside the box when it comes to dating. I'm sorry but I don't think you can get a good gauge on a person sitting at a bar or drinking coffee. do something that forces you to interact an earn something about each other. ... I'm just saying.

• Somewhere you can stare in into each other's face and talk about boring shit

• What about a lunch and mini golf?

And how do you ensure a female friend knows it's a date or 1 to 1? When you can't necessarily date afterward, but say might want to be sexual and still know them afterward!

Kiss her

Isn't that quite risky if you're friends and want to be so in the future? She's not the one like I said. But I do like her and do find her attractive. She had a boyfriend before so I didn't say anything. As of now, I'd love her to take my virginity, so long as we can be great friends in the future?

• Number 1, makes me feel young. I'm only 27, and I never got to see him live, and never will, of course

Best first date, is usually just something simple, like coffee. First dates are meant to be for talking. You can't really talk in any of those events you mentioned

• Carlin has been dead a while :)

I took her to a casino, had a great time.

What Girls Said 2

• I really love the George Carlin idea. He was truly amazing and his routines are still hilarious today. Two of my favorites are the "7 dirty words" and "Stuff".

For a first date, I like to have a lot of conversation and find out what he's all about. So

I really love to cook (had a culinary minor to go with my engineering degree - even auditioned for Chopped once and just missed the cut), so I whipped up a nice 4 course dinner (last course Baked Alaska!). told him to bring a bottle of white wine and a Blu-ray of his choice. There's plenty of time to talk, great food and I got to see how he handles the wine/ movie choices as well as see how much of a gentleman he was (like does he offer to help clear the table, etc. after dinner).
    FYI - he actually scored extremely well
    Wine - Grgich Hills Chardonnay - Very Nice
    Movie - he scored 110% !
    He knew I was born in NYC and loved the Yankees from previous conversations. He had talked to one of my gf's and found out I love old movies. We watched an HD version of Pride of the Yankees with Gary Cooper. Appreciated the thought.

We dated a while, didn't work out and ended amicably. He married a girl from Beantown and became a Red Sox fan (the things we do for love :-) ). We stay in touch, caught a lot of sh*t (justifiably so) in '04 when the Sox came back on the Yankees.

I know it's more than you asked for, but it's a great fun story

It is. great story!

I wouldn't be comfortable having someone in my home the first date though.

and by the way... I happen to be a Red Socks fan. lol Even played ball myself on Fenway field back in 2013.

• My favorite has to be quick mini vacation. Even if it is in the same town, grab a hotel and act like your on a vacation and spend time learning new things about each other.