Does looks matter when looking for a girlfriend?

So say your finding a girl do you start by looking at her features like body , face etc or you don't care about it? Because a lot of guys don't date girls that have lets say acne , stretch marks , or perfect nose , not skinny enough things like that Does it matter to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, great personality is a must when looking for a girl to love
    I believe beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Awww that's sweet so far the first guy who says that 😊 Yeah most girls who are gorgeous tend to play games but the average to not so good looking girls are usually the faithful ones , everyone is diff though I'll say that lol

Your welcome and Thank you for most helpful guy :D
      Yes all my ex girlfriends were average to plain girls so i don't judge
      on looks and i really look for a great personality.

What Guys Said 24

• The thing is, as incredible as it is to believe, whatever you think is your worst feature, even acne or being fat or skinny or WHATEVER, not only are there lots of guys who don't care, there's also plenty of guys who actually, call it a kink, call it a fetish, they consider your "worst" features to be your best features. Now that's not all guys, there are just as many if not more who won't give you the time of day. That's fine, leave them be. They know what they want and you ain't it, you could at least thank them for not wasting your time. Because some men out there are predators, and they'll lie to you and use you and if you're LUCKY, you'll only get a broken heart out of it. And you know what, women are the exact same way, and men have to worry about the same things from women. Some are nice and some are mean and some are dangerous. Things are tough all over, kid.

• The face would grab my attention first because that's what u see before even interaction. Next would be her attitude and personality. The more friendly she is, the more attractive she becomes.

• When you want a girlfriend, looks matter more than if you want casual sex or a friends with benefits.

When you want a serious relationship, looks matter a lot. Most guys seem to marry the hottest girl they ever date--cashing in when they do awesome.

• Yes, looks do matter. Acne, stretch marks, and "not skinny enough" generally doesn't matter.

What matters is facial bone structure, eyes, voice, and if they are TOO skinny because bones are just unappealing.

• Looks absolutely matter. There's a reason that the couples you see that stay together are generally comparable in level of attractiveness. For me, the face is very important. If you look good there, your body doesn't matter that much. After the initial attraction though, it's personality that matters. You could be exactly my type, but if I don't like you, I can't "like" you.

• I cum for the body, and stay for the mind. If I'm not attracted, the relationship can't work.

• Ok here's what I'd do. First check out face, if that passes test I'd look at the body next.

Then comes personality if I think she's dateable or not I think about..

• Yea, looks do matter, but realistically, most guys aren't so picky that small things like acne, stretch marks, nose shape, etc. would be a deal breaker. Most of us tend to look at the entire package rather than fuss over the little details...

• Appearance does matter to me. If I'm not physically attracted to you, a relationship just isn't going to work.
    Though that's not to say that it's the only thing that matters.

Can you go into details like what kind of physical attraction body or facial?

Nothing truly specific. As long as she isn't overweight, I prefer many different body types. And again, I like a variety of different facial sorts.

• It matters, but it's not everything.

• Looks matter, because physical appearance is an outward indicator of genetic fitness.

• Men are more visually attracted to women. So yes.

• looks do matter, but guys are not as picky as girls are with guys.

• looks do matter
    to an extent though

• Unfortunately yes, but beautiful is different to other people.

• Yes they do.

• They say girls only orgasm when a guys face is symmetric

• As you noted, looks matter.

In fact guys have been shown to have higher standards for looks in a relationship than a hookup. They are less fussy for a one night thing.

Does that mean girls need to be perfect? Of course not. Average girls get asked out.

• Truthfully it does matter. People don't think to themselves, "Oh, she's not attractive. I'll go talk to her."
    They have to have some kind of attraction to even get to know you in the first place.

• Obviously.

• Of course it does. I mean, you have to be attracted to someone, right? Girls are the same way

• To an extent, yes. But I feel that I have a WIDE range of what I consider beautiful, compared to other/most guys. While other guys would consider ugly, I'd still consider beautiful.

• All her features

• Physical attraction is probably the main divide between whether or not you approach someone for friendship or a potential relationship. Personality is what makes us stay.

If we do not approach each other our personalities could be 100% perfect for each other and we wouldn't find out anyway.

So yes, it matters a lot. You probably wouldn't want a boyfriend who wasn't sexually attracted to you either.
    Now on the flipside to most guys a girl being physically attractive basically means that she stays in decent shape and takes care of herself. Which doesn't even need an hour a day to maintain and comes with serious health advantages to you. So well, win-win?

What Girls Said 6

• No. It should be the very last thing on the list. But a lot of superficial people consider it important. But it won't matter long term, and well into marriage. If they can date or love you for you, then they are not worth your time. Its just that simple. You will be glad you didn't when you hear that they have serious problems with their current relationship. You have to observe from afar and watch. You will see their true nature and character. Because its all an act to get into your pants, until you begin to see how they react to every circumstances in their lives.

• physical attraction is important in any relationship, and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. but it's just one small part of a much-bigger picture.

• Looks get them in, personality keeps them there

• Yeah

• You should be physically attracted and then get to know her personality

• I live in Sweden and you are likely to be rejected if you are under 5'7".
    Other factors are important too but not as height. Guys are very obsessed about height, even at 40s.

Come to America I'll happily date you lol.

@jakebrake7 haha thanks. We short swedes are going to go America. Send your tall girls to our sizequeen men, they need them

Also swedish women are so beautiful.