Need some advice/tips on a first date?

So I'm going on my first date Saturday and I don't really know what/not to say on a first date.

What Guys Said 1

• Tell a joke that may seem dumb, but is still humorous enough to make him laugh; laughing is always good.

What Girls Said 2

• Be yourself!!! Just ask him what he's (she's?) into, and you should be ok.

• Don't talk about an ex, best to avoid the heavy topics like politics, religion, etc. - obviously if you end up in a relationship that stuff will all be discussed, but right now you're just getting to know each other, so stick with the basics. Share your interests. What do you enjoy doing? What does the other person enjoy doing? Ask them questions about it - if it's an interest different than yours, that's okay! Ask questions about that hobby. Talk about what you do during the day - I mean, are you a student, do you work, are you unemployed but in the process of learning a new skill while applying for jobs?