Do you believe in break ups that make a relationship stronger again in the future?

So if something is not working in the relationship at the moment, do you believe that time apart can bring people closer and fix the problems?

Have you ever broke up/ been broken up with someone and came back to a stronger relationship that worked?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other... comment below

Most Helpful Girl

• There's a difference between a break and a break up. When you're on a break you're still in a relationship with that person. You don't go on new dates, you don't kiss anyone else, you don't sleep with anyone else. That's not what a break is for.

A break is the two of you stepping back and looking at your relationship in a critical light. It's stopping all the lovey dovey stuff and pretending everything is okay when it's obvious you both have a very big problem. Breaks are meant for the both of you to figure out what the hell is going on and determine if the relationship is worth it to you or not.

I've been on one break with my boyfriend and it was during a period where we could not stop arguing and getting annoyed with each other. We couldn't figure out what was going on because on second we're mad and the next day we're trying to make everything okay. We stepped back, analyzed everything and even though it was a sad moment for us it was very important.

Now we've celebrated our two years together and we're happier and stronger than we've ever been. So while a break might be necessary for issues you can't seem to resolve it is in no way similar to a break up. A break DOES NOT mean you're single.

Most Helpful Guy

• oh man... depends on the reason for the break up. If it was due to some cheating then no. Most other things, likely yes.

What Girls Said 10

• People grow stronger by making critical decisions and working on themselves first. I voted NO because I have never dated before. However. If that person you dated wants to change and be serious about working with you, then I say that its worth giving it a chance again. But space is of course needed overall. Being today all the time 24/7 is very unhealthy. Because one or the other becomes clingy and too dependent on each other. That doesn't make for a healthy relationship. But time apart can make the individual learn more about each other and themselves. To develop trust. And I believe that 90% of couples today that are dating are so miserable and untrustworthy that they HAVE to live together, HAVE to see them every day for nearly 12 hours, HAVE to know what your doing, etc! Already they think they own each other. And they don't. Not legally anyway. Marriage, yes. Dating, no.

But as I said, breakups overall doesn't make a relationship stronger for the future. You and the person needs to change for the better. Breakups happen because somebody was doing something that broke trust and the terms of the relationship. If they are not compatible in views, belief's, etc. Then it will not work. Too many relationships are about sex, instead of the original biblical standards, and this is why we have so many issues. Space is healthy. As it is suggested that couples who are married and get older, tends to need space because it helps ten to grow, learn, educate, and foster a strong and productive marriage with the foundation of love and trust. But at the end of the day, the choice is up to people how they chose to handle their relationships. Wither right or wrong.

• It depends on the reason for the breakup

Only communication can salvage a relationship. Silence and time apart usually distances two people. If two people still love each other then the relationship is worth ", fighting", for. It'll only work a second time around though if you can both resolve past issues, or at least come to a compromise. You'd need to both change how you responded in the past too, or the relationship won't survive.

I've know people to get back together and their relationship became stronger than ever before. , but that's because they worked together to make it last. They learnt from their past behaviour and mistakes , then changed how they reacted and responded to similar issues... which drove them apart in the past.

• people who break up and get back together have a strong emotional bond, though they also have higher levels of conflict and lower levels of commitment. so no.

• No. If I feel like I want to break up, then there's no turning back. Once that feeling kicks in, even just a little bit, it's over. It doesn't matter if it's circumstances or whatever. I believe that when love is true then breaking up would never cross your mind, no matter the circumstances. And true love doesn't need time apart or fix, it's the only damn thing in this life that we shouldn't work on. If we need work and effort to keep it alive, then it's not true.

• It's possible but not probable. If there were underlying issues in the relationship before the first break up, chances are they'll probably still be there. That's not to say it can't or won't work, but both parties are going to have to work really hard to make it work. My advice: do yourself and the other person a favor and just end it.

• What makes you stronger is the fights you're able to fix without breaking up.

• Broke up is broke up. I won't ever turn back

• Sometimes space is needed so you can evaluate the situation. Strong connections can't be broken from any type of separation.

• No, if there's such a big hurdle in the relationship, you have to actually deal with it, together. If you do, you will grow as a couple and if you can't your relationship wouldn't have worked either way. Breaking up is kind like giving and then getting back together "in case things are better now". You're hoping something will change, when you are still the same two people. Better to try and actually work through your problems. The only way I see things working out in your scenario is if they broke up and spent a lot of time apart, like at least 6 months or so, then got back together as two very different people.

• No, if you're looking for space then one or both of you have grown a part.

So no coming back from that?

I agree with you, but why is that? Don't ex's get back together all the time?

I think because life is so unpredictable and people change. There are also so many other fish in the sea.

What Guys Said 10

• no, a break up is a break of trust, a take back... so you should take it back and go on your way-not take back and then take back your take back... that just adds MORE distrust, MORE confusion, MORE mess, etc.

You make good and goddamn sure before you break up because that's why it's called a "BREAK" up-you ARE breaking something. And even one can cause irreparable damage.

• Break ups are more of a cop out than anything, if you get back together it's more like throwing a tantrum and shouting a bunch of shit you can't take back. Whether you say things you can't take back or not, breaking up is kind of the same as 'not thinking things through' and just doing it in the heat of things. Which you can't really take back completely, if people can't deal with each other and neither will change, problems don't magically vanish.

• I believe if something isn't working you address it and fix it... if the fix is breaking up than why get back together.

• Of course, because you will see what went wrong and try to fix it, and it's mostly both sides fault. You make mistakes, you learn, more mistakes, learn more and then a peaceful relationship for the rest of your life. (my opinion based on what am living, no need to attack me)

• No, if you broke up once, you'll just break up again lol

• If they both love eachother. Then some time apart would make them remember how much they love the other person. How much they need them. If something was wrong in the relationship then time apart prolly won't fix it

• Only if both works on their flaws. I wasted nearly a year with a person that promised to change. All the luck in the world to the next chap. He will need it.

• No thats like shooting yourself with small bullets to build resistance to bigger ones.

• if you had a reason to break up iam sure its not gonna be forgotten or ignored anytime soon

• If anything, they only make future ones worse.