Do guys prefer talents or smarts in a girl?

When choosing a life partner or girlfriend, do you value talent over academic intelligence?
Say you had to choose one, which would you prefer?

Ex: A girl who has a degree (but bad major=little money) but has lots of talents (cooks, ice skates, paints, dances, plays an instrument... etc).

Or a girl who has a BA degree and a masters degree (or Phd) and makes a good amount of money, but has very few talents (maybe good at 1 sport?).

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say I seek someone like me... The number one thing that turns me on is passion. In my mind that is only present in the personality of a polymath, multipotentialite, renaissance personality, or whatever you want to call it. People that have tons of interests and talents tend to be very passionate, creative, adaptable, and learn new concepts rapidly... They are more willing to take risks, step outside of their comfort zone and try new things. To me that is smarts, but in the scope of the world many times people find one thing and try to become very good at that one thing and that's what they do their entire life and then they die... So theoritically I see the multitallented, but that doesn't mean they don't have a PhD or three...

*theoretically
      *multi-talented

*So theoretically I see the multi-talented as more desirable, but that doesn't mean they don't have a PhD or three...

Most Helpful Girl

• Both seem to be good

What Guys Said 21

• Forget about academic achievement. That overlaps with smarts barely more than pure coincidence. A woman who's truly smart will *have* talents and will accumulate more of them as the years go by. If she's smart and highly educated and busy with her high paying job, that's OK, too. I'll cook.

• I have high standards, I'll ask for both.

Then reality hits and it turns out that when you like someone, you don't really care if they have a pretty diploma or not. And if they fall on their ass every time they try to go ice-skating you think it is cute. Reality really ruins preferences in that sense.

• Degrees and brains don't get me hard. I'll take a woman who has average intelligence who can cook any day.

• I love it when a girl can cook. money is just an object. i would rather enjoy cooking and dancing with a girl that shares the same interest and talent in it

• >> Or a girl who has a BA degree and a masters degree (or Phd) and makes a good amount of money, but has very few talents (maybe good at 1 sport?).

I value this one more.

• Isn't being smart a talent?
    Anyway, I love a woman willing to dance, even if she's not that good. I love dancing, specifically tangoing. And a woman who can cook or sing can make my heart melt, and leave me with those cartoons birds and hearts floating over my head.

• They are both fine, what I prefer is intelligent and nice. Anyway, it's hard to imagine someone with no talent at all.

• A girl with talents would be nice. A smart girl is where it's at though. I shouldn't have to explain that if you quit your job with no savings, you shouldn't buy a house. Especially in 2007. Her dad co-signed for her and she bought a $192,000 home about four months before the market collapsed.

So, smarts win every time.

• Either on is fine as long as you are open to new experiences and aren't completely closed of to learning new things. The real turn off is when a girl refuses to even try new things because she "knows" she won't be good at it.

• I like a little bit of both.

• a person can learn different skills

• Do girls prefer smart and talented boys? The answer to ur question lies in the answer of this question...

• Actual intelligence > talents > academic intelligence

• Your ques is confusing a little.
    First, it's all personal choice, I would choose academic bcz I guess I will b more compatible.

• talent is one-dimensional, intelligence though is multidimensional and far more broad.

in fact the A girl you described is the intelligent one, the B girl is the talented average girl.

• smarts

yes talent is great
    but i know people with talent who are drug addicts
    that's not very smart

• talented

• Both are great on a girl

• wtf... if she has the nice pussy, good job, not being a perk

• rules for girls:

Dont be fat

• little money

What Girls Said 1