During our first conversation he told me that he had a vasectomy?

I met this 40 yr old attractive man in person after talking to him online. He has been married 2 times and has two children. I found it weird though that just after talking he mentioned to me how he had a vasectomy. Do men normally bring these conversations up so early on? I am 28 by the way.

Most Helpful Guy

• I found that dating in my 20s was totally different from dating in my 40s. Once in your 40s, you know more what you want, and what you don't -- you realize that there are many potential partners out there, and that time spent considering one potential partner is time not spent pursuing another. It is better to evaluate many potential r/ship candidates for a good fit than to enter into a r/ship if you know it has little-to-no-chance of succeeding. If having children biologically through a romantic relationship were important to you, it would be important to a 40+ person to find that out right away (why waste one another's time?). So, yes, it is normal.

Most Helpful Girl

• he is probably giving you heads up that he cannot have children if you want something serious

What Guys Said 2

• No.

He did this for one of two reasons:
    1) He wants to be up front and honest with you from the beginning that he does not want more children. This is a good thing so that you are not both waiting you time if you want different things.
    2) He doesn't want to use a condom and wants you know its not a problem.

• May be it has caused him issues down there

What Girls Said 0