Did HE ASK ME OUT?

My boyfriend of 2 years and I live together. I made friends with a male neighbor not too long ago (who has met my bf). My boyfriend is leaving for a week for work... My neighbor asked me out for coffee and said "I want to get to know you better and talk". Is he asking me out or just friends?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hard to say, that is why you ask a girl to coffee so that you can play it off as just friends if you don't get the reaction you want. It is very strange that he asked you at the same time you boyfriend is out of town though.

He doesn't know that my boyfriend is out of town, no one informed him of that. It just happened to be like this!

Then it is more likely that it is just coffee.

Most Helpful Girl

• Kind of hard to tell, maybe he wants to get to know you better as friends, you know he feels that you bonded somehow or you're always nice to him and seems cool. i don't know. I get it that you think is confusing

yeah, what guy that lives in the same building, would ask out a girl that lives with her bf?

How does he sound like a creep? 😂 he did nothing creepy.

@akadatank44 it might come off the wrong way, English is not my first language lol. I meant more in a "awkward" way since she did not get whether he was asking her out or wanted to hang out like friends, could have been more specifik there.. haah:)

What Guys Said 8

• If I tell a girl I want to get coffee, there sure as hell is no motive for me wanting to get coffee. I wouldn't ask a girl with a boyfriend but there are fuckboys out there.

• Maybe he just wants a friend I'd go but be leary. For all you know he could be gay.

• He may be looking for more than friendship, by the sound of things that's what is sounds like. Now i could be wrong but it sure does sound like it.

• https://youtu.be/PtsW1LYFhV4

Man never asks girl out as just friends..

• You already know what he wants dummy. He wants to fuck... why else would a guy invite you out?
    I can't tell you how many times I've seen women get charmed out of their panties by some next door neighbor nice guy type...

• Kinda fishy

• Don't be dumb, what do you think men typically mean when they say that

He knows that I have a boyfriend and that I live with him though...

Yeah, its pretty convenient that the week your boyfriend is away he's suddenly interested in hanging out. Some men don't care if they women they want to sleep with have spouses, as long as they can still get some

If I were you I would tell him that it isn't appropiate

• Asking you out!!!

It does seem kinda fishy like Unit1 said, just be careful. He may be making a move on you.
      A lot of guys don't care if you do have a boyfriend or don't. Best advice I can give is just say you are busy this week or something and wait for your boyfriend to return. You may also tell him about your suspicions.

What Girls Said 2

• He's making a move. I'd be leary. get to know him while raking leaves or waiting for the elevator. Skip the date.

• Ask him what he meant or just refuse.