Guy hasn't texted me yet after a date?

Recently got back on Tinder for a laugh and meet new people as I've moved to a new city for uni. Got talking to this guy who seemed really chill and keen but not in a creepy way like most guys on there. We texted for a bit and met yesterday and had a good time, really natural and the banter just flowed, he said he would like to see me again if I wanted to, we hugged goodbye and I said to drop me a text.

That was yesterday afternoon and I haven't heard from him. He is a slow texter and really busy but I feel if a guys interested he would contact me? Also I know it was a 'tinder date' and its possible he is dating around which doesn't bother me as I sort of am too but I would like to get to know him more. He did seem really into me but I'm worried now I came across a certain way and he just isn't interested. Any guys insight would be helpful :)

1mo He texted me about forty mins ago.. 2 days after date.. not bad I suppose! I'll see what happens next

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with you that he should have texted by now. However, the advice that most guys get is that if you really like a girl you should wait at least a week to text her so that she has time to miss you.

I disagree with this advise, but I hear it all the time.

His lack of texting does not mean he isn't interested. Give it some time.

Im trying not to let it bother me but it is as I really enjoyed the date! So confusing..

Don't let it bother you. There is every chance that he wants to contact you but doesn't want to ruin thing by texting too soon. I know that may sound stupid to you but that is what ALL his friends will be telling him.

However, when he does text you and you do go out on a second date. Have a nice friendly conversation that you don't like to play those games and he shouldn't either.

What Guys Said 1

• Just be a little patient. He could think that the three day rule is still a thing and is waiting to text you to avoid seeming desperate. If he does not text you after a week, you can assume he is not interested. You could also send him one text yourself to gauge his interest. Just say that you had a nice time. But do not text him too much because that will show him that you appear desperate.

What Girls Said 1

• If he's a slow texter then you should probably be a little patient. Wait for a couple of days and if he still won't text you, give up.