Is he pulling away because he's leaving?

So me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 and a half years and He's a senior this year while I am a junior and he's been pulling away lately, he's even told me he thinks we shouldn't be as close. His logic is why should we get close and stay close if he's just leaving for college (he's going out of state) at the end of this year and it's better we just pull away now then take the heart break when he has to leave. while my logic is we should spend as much time as we can and be as close as we can to make this last year count, to make it one we remember the rest of our lives... I love him a ton and we've been through a lot of crap together and I can't bear to have him pull away before he needs to. How do I get him to stop pulling away, or do you agree with him? Thank you so much for answering in advance!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Well, I don't know if you can get him to stop pulling away, becuase you can't control what a person does or control how they decide they want to handle things. Yes, you would think for someone about to move away, they would want to spend the last days together, but for some reason, this is not want he wants. Maybe he fears it would be too much on him.

I also don't believe in taking breaks in a relationship. He's either your boyfriend around the clock, or he isn't. Don't ever settle or sit around and wait on somebody who won't be ready for you always. It's not fair of him to place you on a some time stamp when he's ready to come back. You both have to move on with your life

• just tell him how you feel and say what you just said "we should spend as much time as we can and be as close as we can to make this last year count, to make it one we remember the rest of our lives..." because its better to do your logic he may listen