I suprised my boyfriend yesterday night when he came home from work with a homemade plate I made and he said it was terrible?

Okay so we don't live together but I messaged his mom If I could come over and make him surprise dinner which was steak and sides. I even bought enough for his mom and two younger sisters and he said he didn't like it even though his sisters and mom ate it. He even said to me in front of them, "this is the most dried out steak I've ever ate in my life." He didn't even finish it and he threw it away and made something else. I felt really bad like my heart dropped when he said that. I just followed a YouTube tutorial. We've only been together for 5 months and he's never treated me like that before. I mean I get he was just being honest but shouldn't he have ate it anyways?

1mo He comes from a really wealthy family. Maybe he's used to 5 star restaurants? They are always eating at fancy places

Most Helpful Guy

• He was rude , I could never done that to any girl who cooked a meal for me
    i think he needs to be more grateful that he has a sweet girlfriend like you
    and to be honest i give my right arm to have a woman like you in my life
    no matter what a woman does for me who is special in my life i would
    treat her like a queen , he is one lucky guy and needs to love you more than
    what he is doing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't justify his behavior. He should've seen that you were doing something nice and to make him feel better. He should've acknowledged it by at least pretending to like it. Also my family is also rich and I've been to plenty of five star restaurants and I would never spit out food.

What Guys Said 18

• honestly, dont try to justify his actions. He was being a twat... im sure his mum and sisters had some choice words for him after you left.

even if the food was horrible, i would never dream of being so rude to my girlfriend.

• Dont try to justify that kind of behaviour with "he was just being honest." that was a complete dick move to do, he is a douche.

• I mean that was rude since you took the time to do something nice for him, even if it wasn't nice, it shows you care about him and love him. It was a really nice thing to do. If it was me I would of probably ate it all even if it wasn't nice because it would of felt wrong not to.

• He owes you an apology. That is absolutely unacceptable behavior regardless of his station in life.

• He had a bad day and when the stick didn't taste good it made it worst.

• If his family is so wealthy they should've been able to afford to buy him some fucking lessons in manners.

• Your boyfriend is an asshole

• Rich family, Rude, Ungrateful, sounds like we have a good old case of Fuck boy to me 🙂

• Maybe he liked the gesture but not the execution, as you said, it was your first time, or he could have been too intimidated by you coming into his house, unannounced, and cooking for his whole family and deliberately pushed you away.

• honesty
    live with it

• arsehole spoilt brat thats just plain nasty

• i would've tought of a better way.

• that's because he knows you're voting for Hillary

How did you know that

because i saw you comment something pro hillary on some other question about 2 days ago, then you went anonymous after you got thumbed down 20 times lol

• maybe it was terrible

• Well at least you tried

• Maybe you should learn to cook before you start serving shit. Especially with something like steak. do you even know how he likes it? Do you know how to sear it to maintain flavor and juices? shouldn't he have ate it anyway? Oh you silly little goose. Did you eat it? I dont know about you but im not going to pat you on the head and say you did a great job when you made crappy food. Do you honestly think that a man should be forced to eat bad food just because you made it? Of all the entitled bullshit. Really? Im sorry. Love does not make food taste good.

I like to cook and I haaaaaaaaate it when people act like its amazing when its not. Its hugely insulting. Like "I dont care eough to point out whay you could do better next time."

And in any case there's gonna be a few drawbacks in dating a wealthy person. Cry about it over the giant piles of expensive gifts.

I just fried them but I did follow a step by step cooking procedure and I wasn't expecting for it to be great. I just wanted to do something nice because we've been fighting a lot

Well thats a nice thought but its sorta similar to him buying you half dead wilting flowers. Would you feel like you had to like them just because he got them for u? Sentimentality doesn't make food taste good. And you reeeeeally have to know how a person likes their steak. Rare, medium rare, well done. Cooking a steak well done is just ruining it but some people like that. Apparently ur boyfriend is not that kind.

Next time do something nice for him that you know he will like. Theirs pleny of time to experiment when ur relationship is in a *good* state. Bad times call for proven techniques. Like blowjobs. Or beer. Or a drawing. A poem. a song. Something ur good at not something ur experimenting with. But I'd stick with blowjobs. Whatever it is should be something u KNOW he will like.

His sisters and mother ate it because they dont care about u. So they were being nice to avoid conflict not to spare ur feelings. It was actually mean of them if the steak was bad.

Gordon Ramsay.

• Tell him to eat your ass and see if that tastes any better.

There are people who would put their tounge deep in a oersons clean asshoke. I am one if tgem and I have

@MysteriousDarkness You fuckin savage

• it must of been really bad for him to do that , if it was eatable he would of just ate it and not said anything. at least that's my thinking , admit myself I have complained about food being cooked wrong before

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah, he's being honest which has its pros and cons! In my opinion, it was pretty rude of him to say that to you, he should've known that it would hurt your feelings.. But maybe he just had a bad day at work and was in a grumpy mood... If he cares about you, he'll probably feel bad about it and apologize. If he doesn't ever seem to notice that he hurt your feelings, maybe he isn't the one.. That's the basics in relationships and it'll tear a hole that will only grow wider and wider... I really hope that this isn't the case! He was probably just in a bad mood from work or something!

• Did he know you made it? If so, he owes you a massive apology. Doesn't matter that you're his girlfriend or not, that's just rude. Someone goes out of their way to do something nice for you and you just crap on it? No sir. Manners please.

And I come from a well off family and we eat at nice restaurants, too. Like, cheapest meal is $40 nice. My parents still raised me to be appreciative and respectful when someone does something nice for me.

• Your boyfriend is a real jerk. Honesty isn't rudeness, he's not a nice guy.

• Yes that is rude, but at the same time if you're a bad cook your a bad cook. Or you follow a shitty recipe. Or he judgmental of your cooking even though he could just not like it. But didn't have to say it like that.

• That was rude. If he wanted to be honest, then he should have said it nicely. :/

• Yeh he should of. There's a way of going about things and even if he wanted to be honest he could of done it away from them