Dating a shy guy.. Do I need to initiate everything?

He's not socially awkward shy guy..

I met him online. He asked me out first. and on our first date he wasn't being shy at all he kissed me touched me.

However, when it comes to texting.. we both are not big texters and I think that makes it worse.
I asked him out on our second date because he wouldn't bother asking.
our third date, he asked me if I'm free, I said yes, but he wouldn't take it further n ask me out lol so I had to ask him if he wants to meet..

now. it's almost been a week since our last date. he sent me a text how I been doing,, but I doubt that he's going to ask me out.

He's a jealous type he used to text me if I'm going out on a date, how the date went (when I didn't even say that I'm going out on a date) he worried if I'm dating other guys, I told him I haven't seen anyone else but I don't think he's buying that. we have really great time together when we hang out and he's very caring and thoughtful. I know he likes our time together.

I have no problem taking initiative but I'm just wondering this is how shy guys would do.. or he's just not that interested?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's not shy he's just insecure, possibly has some phobia about being rejected if HE asked you out.

Clearly when he has you alone he is confident about everything. He seems fine when you initiate because that gives him confidence, if he wasn't interested he'd make excuses not to see you at all. Perhaps drop it in that he arranges the next date.

What Guys Said 2

• think you gotta talk to him like personally face to face so you both stands at common grounds. Just ask him out and explain how you feel because there is nothing wrong to tell a guy how you feel because thats how you really felt and wanted to make yourself clear and hoping he would do the same to you. I am a shy guy but this happens to a girl to me I would've tell her the same thing too.

• so unecessarily compicated. so pretentious and bullshitty. that there is exactly why i'll neve pursue a relationship with a woman. well not one that thinks like that at least... .

What Girls Said 2

• He... Well, he doesn't seem like that much of a "shy guy" to me... I'd say he's definitely reserved, but most definitely not shy! If he's kidding you on the first date then he's not shy at all. He seems like a bit of a player to me.. I think he's interested in you no doubt, but it's just weird... Him getting jealous about you maybe hanging around other guys... He seems controlling which is a very bad sign... I don't know.. I don't know him.. But he does seem like a player tbh... I'd try being a bit more cautious around him and trying to see what he really wants. He might only be interested in your body.. Because that's what there's signs of right now..

• I'd say he's interested.