In your experience, do opposites attract?

He is a Democrat. I'm a Republican.
He's an introverted guy. I'm a loud mouth.
He's very studious. I'm sort of the artsy fun loving type.
He's a hermit, I like chilling with friends.
He drives a soccer mom car. I have a sporty car.
He's meticulous. I'm disorganized.
And somehow I can't get enough of him! He's so cute! We're both hardworking, into politics, family oriented, we laugh a lot, and we like talking to each other.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends with some things like political parties they don't really matter.
    With the other things it is all about how to you deal with each other's differences.
    Do you allow him to have time alone to recharge his introvert battiers? Do you leave the part when he is tiered from interacting with people or do you make him stay with you till every one leaves?

I actually leave him be to study and all that. If he wanted to leave I would be more than happy to leave with him if that's what he wanted.

If you two want to be a couple then I suggest that you both read up on introverts and extroverts. So you two understand each other better.

Thanks for MHO

What Guys Said 10

• Normally they don't, but there are exceptions.

• I was in pretty much the same situation as you, but on the guy's side. It worked really well for a while, and we had a great relationship, but in the end, she was too religious. We're still really good friends, but dating didn't work. Opposites definitely attract, but only to a point.

• They attract for like 10 seconds, then you realize your differences are too great to actually make it work.

• Yes and no.

• As long as there's enough chemistry and similarities to relate to

• No, that is not entirely true.

• I don't like my opposites. so basicly
    I am liberal. I don't like my others
    I am kindda introverted and i dont like extraovered girls
    etc.

• I don;t attract anyone. lol

• Sometimes very much so, yes.

• yeah opposites attract. they complement each other... IN MOVIES!
    in real life i wouldn't be able to tolerate a girl like that. i'm exactly like him... .

What Girls Said 9

• I think it's less of what you don't have in common, but what you guys DO have in common! If you guys can laugh together and hold a conversation, those are two awesome points that not everyone has! Opposites can definitely attract! (and in a way might be better, because you won't agree on everything and can provide each other with stimulating conversations).
    It really sounds like you've got the start of something awesome here! All the best with it! :)

• Well, I've met so many that are opposites and so different but love brought them together. I don't think any of the stuff mentioned above such as politics will come between you as long as you have the nerve to respect each other and accept the fact that you are different. For the people we love we are ready to bring changes, for instance although he's a hermit, you could get him to "chill with friends and you" -if you get what I mean. I'm into a guy myself that's very different from me and been thinking sometimes that even if he noticed me I would not suit his lifestyle because we are so different, but hey when we are into someone we are more open for changes than you could ever imagine. It's all about compromising, respect and you will probably find some things that you have in common sooner than you think. Or you start liking what the other person is into, or changing behavior and way of thinking- for instance you could with time get "meticulous" too or vice versa. Go for it, if he's the one for you those things should not stop you from being together :)

• dunno
    gotta have a similar lifestyle and goals for the long run
    or else it s gonna be a roller coaster or a short intense fling

• In terms of personality? Definitely.
    But if 2 people have different values and they're not on the same wavelength, the relationship is doomed to fail.

• Yeah, as long as you respect your differences.

• I would say yes because of personal experience. If you both are open minded and aren't clashing all the time then it can work as long you're both on track with key goals. You both are hard working and family oriented so that's a good sign. Try to figure out more about him on a personal level so you can find out if there are any deal breakers. Marriage, kids, hates animals? Think long term so you can see if your visions mesh well.

• Kinda but I am also attracted to the people with similar personalities.

• Opposites and the same can attract, also those in the grey area. My crush and I have stuff in common but he's more of a bad boy.

• there has been a study in psychology, opposites actually don't attract. who you want to decide to be in your life obviously needs to have some common things with you. that fact that you guys laugh together is a bonus.