How to make my boyfriend's dad like me?

So I'm 17 years old and I'm currently dating 19 years old guy.
We are already dating for 4 months and like 3 weeks ago, he decided to introduce me to his parents.. And how to say that.. He is Asian and he somehow prepared me to the fact that his parents might take a while to accept that I am not Asian.
Honestly, his mom is really kind and accepted me right away, but his dad..
I feel like he doesn't like me at all.
I don't think that's because I am white, but because my family.. Well.. ISN'T rich.
He probably thinks that I'm after my boyfriend's money, but I really really like him.
And how do I know that he doesn't like me? Well, he doesn't even greet me, when we meet.. Whenever I'm at my boyfriends house and he passes by, he just gives me a cold stare and when my bf's mother invited me to have a 'family dinner' with them, his dad took his meal and ate it in the living room.. My boyfriend keeps telling me it will be okay, but honestly, I just can't.. I really feel like my boyfriend is too good for me, when his father treats me like this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly his dad is probably just super protective of his kid and he's super traditional. Basically don't worry about it. It might take a long time for him to come around but I think if he sees you're truly genuine (and you'll have to be self sufficient in life) he'll warm up to you eventually.

Fair warning that could take years to happen...

Most Helpful Girl

• I am Christian who Married a Muslim Man who Had Fund me on Facebook. I end up flying out to Greet and Meet his parents, and with This... A Hand shake from his own Dad.
    It's their own Custom for the Men to "Shake hands," but I also felt Maybe I would not fit in. However, his whole Family who Met Me, and Made Me feel like Princess Diana, were More Loving and friendly than I could ever Imagine.
    The First Few days, I Felt the love of Dad when he Began teaching me how to Write Arabic and also Allowed my husband to take Pix with all of us. he even Smiled.
    We got along famously because I was always Myself, never Put on any Aires, and I was also Helpful to Mom around the house and just very Loving, Friendly, Not nervous and this is what gave me a Good name, all the Same.
    However, there were times though when I saw Dad's other Side and this is when he would Take my Husband's Side and Shake his Finger at Me... Then I saw a Mad Dad.
    Let time and You Being part of the House and the Household Name take its Affect. I think Eventually when the Proof is in the Sweet Pudding Cup, he will "Man Up." Or at least, "Fit In" when you Come In.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 2

• Your boyfriend is not too good for you, and his father is not good enough. I don't care how much money the guy has, he has no class. If your boyfriend is going to continue to date you, he is going to have to tell his father at some point that he is with you.

• You need to chill and nevermind it for now. Dad's are very particular and take time to warm up. Trust your guy when he says it will be okay.

What Girls Said 5

• Just give it time, he will warm up to you eventually. A lot of dads are like that with there sons and daughters partners. And if he doesn't warm up to you then that's his problem! Don't let it get to you. The only thing you need to know is that you love your boyfriend and he loves you back! ❤

• Asian is a broad category, where is he from?

He is Chinese.

Oh ok well Chinese people are closed down too. Kinda like an Indian father. Id suggest decent dressing, behave normally, avoid confrontation
      Show interest, in them, their culture. A Chinese or a man/woman from any ethnicity for that matter , if biased with regard to culture, will love talking about their ethnicity
      But don't be too enthusiastic

• that sucks for now, but he will come around. it's hard to see that now but once he sees how much your boyfriend loves you he will be accepting.

answer mine please :) I'll like it and you will receive an extra point

• No, money has nothing to do with it. His Dad will warm up to you and if not, it's not your fault, you should try talking to him respectfully one on one.

• Be polite towards him no matter what. Just be careful and don't overdo it, otherwise he will assume that you're being fake. He probably needs some time to warm up to you.