Do you believe that drunk talk is real talk?

My former friends with benefits and I are friends again after not talking to each other for 3 months. (We went through that awkward friends with benefits breakup phase) Now, we were able to restore our friendship and keep it on a platonic level. No sexual intimacy at all when we are together.

Last night we went out with his friends to celebrate his birthday. By the end of the night, he was drunk off his ass telling me he loves me.

The next day he told me it was true and to just brush it off. I'm lost.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because drunk people's thoughts are impaired. I'd never believe a persons word while under the influence of alcohol

What Guys Said 14

• There is a saying so old it's in Latin: in vino veritas. (In wine, truth.) It means the truth comes out when you're less inhibited about sharing it. That is to say, drunk on your ass. He told you to forget it because he doesn't want to ruin your restored friendship.

• Not always, in that case I think it was true though. He's just telling you to brush it off since you didn't respond positively towards it.

• its less filtered and less thought out what they are thinking in that very moment as opposed to an aggregate of there thoughts.

• No. It's part true, but in a reckless sense. That's like saying drunk behavior is regular behavior. It's not. Judgement is distorted.

• yes and no... it really depends on the people. some are more honest, others just talk bullshit.

• Well you said the next day he said it was a true, so what's the problem? Is it because he told you to brush it off?

Yea. As if he regretted telling me

He's probably hoping your feelings will change in the future, so he's trying to protect himself and hoping things can continue as they were.

• drunk talk is like how people really feel, gets them out of their shell, however they're also more impulsive lol

• Drunk talk is nothing but gibberish.

• No, people lie a lot when they are drunk.

• I doubt it.

• I believe I'm god

• Anyone would be lost in that situation!

• Yes I do, we seem to open up under the influence

• Nope. I've confessed my love for girls while I was plastered before and I really had no feelings for them at all. I don't know why I seem to do that when I'm drunk.

I knew someone who asked girls to marry him while drunk and made rings out of straws

That's one of the simplist things to do and I'm on about drinking straws

@19magic Oooohhh I was thinking like hay straw.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes of course it's real talk. Drunk people are just more likely to say what they would think but not say when they're sober.

• Drunk talk is real talk in my opinion. I've never done/said anything while intoxicated that wasn't true for my sober self. Alcohol=liquid courage, not a complete personality change.
    (ie. I've been in plenty of situations in which I could've cheated on my boyfriend and he'd never find out. Despite being white girl wasted, that didn't completely eradicate the existence of my conscience and staying true to my values.)

• Pie Eyed Usually tells Many Tales.. And the Truth.
    Good luck and Happy one of You was Stone Sober. xx

• A drunk mouth says what the sober mind thinks, just slightly slurred

That is the best of I've ever heard of someone putting it

• Maybe he simply wants to have fun with you... what do you think... of his behaviour.. on a personal level if he had a good deep eye contact even though he had been drunk,, my thoughts are that he might love you..

What is it with women not trusting guys who struggle with eye contact? There are plenty of reasons other than not being sincere, eg. nervousness, distraction, autism/Asperger's, intimidation/inferiority complex, embarrassment/fear of rejection/the rejecting look...

• I think drunk talk is really what people feel.